Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Speaker rattle (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282567)

thelongone13 03-18-2012 01:06 PM

Speaker rattle

Well, I'm otherwise content with my Focus, minus this issue. When I have the volume at a medium level (13,14) I get a rattle coming from my speaker enclosures. How do I fix this, or should I just take it in and let the dealer take care of it?

thelongone13 03-19-2012 04:16 PM

It's occurring at lower volumes too, namely in the driver door speaker. Come on, guys, this is annoying the crap out of me.

kelscar 03-19-2012 04:20 PM

I thought I read in another thread on here that one owner in particular had faulty or incorrectly installed door panel clips, or something along those lines. If it is definately reproduceable your dealer is probably the best bet.

thelongone13 03-19-2012 04:36 PM

Alright, I'll see what they can do. I hope it goes away... That sound really is annoying.

EddieWinslow 03-19-2012 05:12 PM

Mine does this all the time too mainly at low levels. Like when the radio host with a deep voice is talking it rattles like crazy.

mcg80 03-19-2012 05:38 PM

Yeah I had that problem like crazy for a while, it's partially a sympathetic vibration and the low quality of the speakers, especially in the base speaker package. I found that going into the "menu" and going down the the second option, then down the "occupancy" settings and taking it out of "driver" will help alot. For some reason the "driver" occupancy setting over-boosts the audio, also messing with the "EQ" setting in the menu listing, right below "occupancy" can help. Other than that I suggest a little sound foam. I think taking it to the dealer will only yield a waste of time.

kam327 03-19-2012 05:46 PM

My rattle in the passenger door speaker vicinity appears to be due to engine vibration since it starts around 45-50mph regardless of the radio status. I also have another one near the passenger door reflector that happens over bumps.

There've been numerious posts about passenger door rattles. Sounds like most have had success getting them fixed by the dealer.

I guess this is a slightly different issue though if you guys are saying that all speakers rattle...

mcg80 03-19-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kam327 (Post 4066611)
My rattle in the passenger door speaker vicinity appears to be due to engine vibration since it starts around 45-50mph regardless of the radio status. I also have another one near the passenger door reflector that happens over bumps.

There've been numerious posts about passenger door rattles. Sounds like most have had success getting them fixed by the dealer.

I guess this is a slightly different issue though if you guys are saying that all speakers rattle...

I definitely have/had a door rattle because of the stereo, but I also noticed that any bottles/thermoses in the door rattle alot more than my last car.

TehMark 03-19-2012 05:55 PM

i took mine to the dealer. quick 20 minute fix

thelongone13 03-19-2012 10:36 PM

OK, I've decided that I will give the "Occupancy" trick a try, and if I can't figure it out from there, I'll take it in to the dealer. Probably should mention this is the Sync system on an SE.