Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engine & Transmission Swap (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2.0 to 2.3 swap (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282199)

Rockstar92 03-14-2012 02:40 AM

2.0 to 2.3 swap

Okay looking to swap out the 2.0 in my 06 focus to a 2.3 also swap in the 5 speed manual and throw out the auto. Just a quick question I tried doing some research but keep getting a few different answers on the forum. To make life easier on me I am going to do the swap with a complete engine that means the wire harness and ecu and all that good stuff. So any way like if I got the whole engine complete with ecu and wire harness the intake mani and exhaust mani and all that stuff, and then I know the passenger mount needs to be .5 higher or just use the 2.3 mount. What else will I need for the swap? I got all the atx to mtx stuff down just confused on the engine part lol.

Rockstar92 03-14-2012 03:16 AM

No one?? =/

matmatician 04-03-2012 01:09 AM

Hey Rockstar, I'm actually doing the same swap right now. My car has been in the shop for about a week now and we're still in the planning phase. They're chatting with a focus expert tomorrow to make sure all the parts I'm going to need, but as soon as I know, I'll re-post here. I'm extremely surprised there isn't already a how-to for this!!

Rockstar92 04-03-2012 01:14 AM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by matmatician (Post 4089568)
Hey Rockstar, I'm actually doing the same swap right now. My car has been in the shop for about a week now and we're still in the planning phase. They're chatting with a focus expert tomorrow to make sure all the parts I'm going to need, but as soon as I know, I'll re-post here. I'm extremely surprised there isn't already a how-to for this!!

ah sweet I am collecting money right now for the swap. I almost gave up on the 2.3 swap was just going to do a manual swap until you came along. That would be awesome let me know how it goes and what is needed.

1turbofocus 04-03-2012 11:34 AM

I cant think of a reason that you would have to change the wiring and ECU , I would just get a tune which can change the engine size in the tune and tune your new engine

Tom

matmatician 04-03-2012 11:45 AM

Glad you saw this Tom, i figured a tune woud be needed and word on the web is you're the guy for the job. Would that kind of tune be something you could do?

Rockstar92 04-03-2012 11:55 AM

Hey Tom, yea I know that but I have also heard people complain about CEL coming on when they do a manual swap. Like they have a tune already for the new tranny but it still goes on so I just figured might be best to change to the manual ecu. But you know better than me could you fix that problem with a tune?

1turbofocus 04-03-2012 01:03 PM

Yes on some there is a CEL for the ATX SCT says there working on it , it causes a CEL but doesnt do anything driveability or performance wise

Tom

Rockstar92 04-03-2012 01:10 PM

Ohh alright I guess I will take my chances and get a tune from you after I do the swap. It'll be easier that way. Maybe by then sct will find a fix for it.

matmatician 04-03-2012 03:21 PM

Well, bad news :/ I got a call from the shop today and they had someone who knows foci really well, and he said that I would need all new harnesses and that they would have to redo all the wiring in the engine. Thats a little bit more expensive than I'd be willing to spend. Sooo... It looks like I'm gonna just stick with the 2.0 :'(