Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Anyone know an experienced performance shop in East Texas? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281573)

LD5050 03-07-2012 07:58 AM

Anyone know an experienced performance shop in East Texas?

I'm in Longview, and the only shops around here I can find only have experience with either V8 muscle cars or BMWs. I even tracked down the Longview ricer guru, Mark, but he's booked for over a month.
Dallas is close enough, as is Shreveport. Houston and Austin are too far for me, otherwise I wouldn't have this dilemma.

Found elsewhere on the forums that Alamo Autosports in Arlington has guys experienced in SVTFs and FI, but after a week of leaving VMs and emails with not one call back they've let me know in no uncertain terms that they don't need my money. Good luck staying in business, Alamo.

All I need right now is the timing belt changed, FMIC and BOV installed. But I'd like to find a decent shop that can handle my work in the future.

All I have now is ACAR in Longview. Great guys, but I lost all faith in them recently after they had my Titan 3 times and couldn't identify the faulty fuel pump. I'd rather find a shop I don't have to hold hands with through the process.

Please don't post with shops located in El Paso, Baytown, San Antonio, etc. I'm looking for EAST TEXAS (Tyler, Longview, Marshall, even Dallas)

Thanks in advance

crice8 03-07-2012 11:40 AM

lol dude im in Tyler!

LD5050 03-07-2012 03:46 PM

If you're down to do the work let me know and ill bring her over to you as soon as she gets to texas

LD5050 03-20-2012 05:22 PM

Well, ACAR has it now and is installing the rear seats, timing belt, tensioner, idlers, water pump, VCT solenoid, and valve cover gasket. They're pretty honest and and overall great group of guys.

I'll wait until I find (or someone chimes in about) a reputable performance shop fairly close to East TX to handle the FMIC and BOV.

There's still a shop in Shreveport I haven't called yet.

Dallas Mustangs, who supposedly have done more than one built SVT in the past, told me on the phone "Our tools won't fit a Focus"......so I obviously won't be using those D-bags. [confused]

FocusFreak09 03-20-2012 07:34 PM

Ur looking for one in Baytown but Houston is to far?? Baytown is just down the freeway. Just saying
Posted via FF Mobile

LD5050 03-20-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusFreak09 (Post 4068478)
Ur looking for one in Baytown but Houston is to far?? Baytown is just down the freeway. Just saying
Posted via FF Mobile

Quote:

Originally Posted by LD5050 (Post 4044821)
Please don't post with shops located in El Paso, Baytown, San Antonio, etc. I'm looking for EAST TEXAS (Tyler, Longview, Marshall, even Dallas)

Thanks in advance

[confused]

VenomRogue 03-20-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LD5050 (Post 4068266)
Dallas Mustangs, who supposedly have done more than one built SVT in the past, told me on the phone "Our tools won't fit a Focus"......so I obviously won't be using those D-bags. [confused]

[giddy][giddy][giddy]

who did you talk to at Dallas mustang?

I will be sure to rag on him next time I go there (they are literally 3 miles from me, and have known most of them for a long while)

I still have their old shop focus in my driveway :lol:

swfst 03-20-2012 10:16 PM

Haha -- I went to college in Kilgore, before I went to UT in Austin.

crice8 03-20-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroStorm (Post 4068745)
Haha -- I went to college in Kilgore, before I went to UT in Austin.

Its surprising how many people on here are from east texas and the dallas area but don't communicate like the houston crew does. haha im from Terrell(just east of Dallas) and i go to college here at UT Tyler

swfst 03-20-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crice8 (Post 4068755)
Its surprising how many people on here are from east texas and the dallas area but don't communicate like the houston crew does. haha im from Terrell(just east of Dallas) and i go to college here at UT Tyler

I'm actually from Germany--real German, not a military German. LOL.

I came to Kilgore for college as a foreign student, then went to UT Austin, and now I fly airplanes for a living.

I ended up marrying an American and getting citizenship--got divorced in 2006.