Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Adding wideband to datalog list (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281325)

bespurcell 03-04-2012 07:26 PM

Adding wideband to datalog list

I set up the datalog list using the file Tom made for a zetec. I even found out how to add my AEM wideband to the list(analog 1). When I hit the button to start datalogging nothing would happen. After closing the program a few times and messing around I finally got it to datalog but without the analog 1 channel for my wideband. I don't know what I did to get it there the first time. It's like the option no longer comes up anywhere. So can someone please tell me how to add the analog channel to the livelink datalog list?

bespurcell 03-04-2012 08:12 PM

I figured it out. DOH! It was in the Livelink config. list.

svtf1417 03-06-2012 07:07 AM

Do you know if your ecu is RLA1 or RLA6? I know it's not relevant, it's for my own curiousity

bespurcell 03-06-2012 05:25 PM

I have no idea.

cjespers 04-01-2012 12:45 PM

Need Advice.
Had SCT3 for a year, need to get the car tuned. Datalogging the wideband has been
Frustrating to say the least..
OK, finally realized how to add analog to Tom's zetec list. (progress at last, lol)
It's not data logging (analog ). I have checked the firewire pinout for the AEM wideband several times.
Set up analog channel/AEM Wideband in the tuner, started livelink, loaded Tom's Zetec log list (with analog added) set up the analog equations in livelink.
Hit green button, everything is datalogging but analog .
I even tried switching to analog 2, no luck.
I'm getting 3-4 volts from the wideband to the firewire,depending on the AFR of course.
Any Ideas??

1turbofocus 04-01-2012 06:13 PM

Choose a new list with say RPM , maf counts and analog and see if it logs , if it does keep adding to the list till you find the problem

Do you have a AEM wide band if not things wire Diff

Has your xcal been updated and are you using the LL 6.5

Tom

cjespers 04-07-2012 04:48 PM

I just returned to stock tune and updated the SCT Programmer.
No luck.
Running livelink 6.5

Yes, my wideband is AEM.

I added maf counts and a few more non analog items to the list in addition to the analog1 for the wideband.

None of them datalog. Just the items on Tom's Zetec config file will datalog.

So this narrows it down (a little).
The issue is: not datalogging ANY items added to Tom's Zetec config list, not just analog.
What could be causing this headache? Ideas? Please Help
Thanks

cjespers 04-09-2012 06:55 PM

No ideas? Cool. I'm going to call SCT.

Pretty weird that Tom's log list works fine, but when I add items to it, only Tom's items will log.

FWIW: I bought this car not running. Put a new O2 sensor on (and TONS of other parts)
I always had a problem about 1 minute after startup; it would go extreme lean (18:1 or leaner) for a few minutes,then get better. But always ran poorly, surging, terrible throttle response.
I just replaced the O2 sensor again and it runs GREAT!! Never got an O2 code!!.
Crazy!!
Thanks to everyone for your support!!
Carl

ZXthrizzle05 04-17-2012 02:52 PM

check your vaccuum hoses as wel. i had surging and high rpm with no idle due to a kinked pcv hose. so i yanked that thing out and plugged it up where it goes to the inlet manifold and runs like a champ