Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Flowmaster has their cat-back out (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280712)

Bwill9886 02-26-2012 05:30 PM

Flowmaster has their cat-back out
 
Thought I'd share this with others.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sh...oducts_id=4499

I've personally never heard any flowmaster systems/mufflers sound right on a smaller engine, but I'd certainly like to be proven wrong. Anyone going to try this out?

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they have a sound clip yet.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone have plans to test power gains on 2.5" systems vs. 2.25"? Obviously it would be nice to have a hand-held tuning solution first, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm ready to get exhaust work done, but would like to see some power and noise results from different setups.

xwhit3devilx 02-26-2012 06:17 PM

Once again, no love for the sedan[bigcry]. Which makes no sense to me as the sedan outsells the hatch by quite a bit.

Shade-010 02-26-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx (Post 4029534)
Once again, no love for the sedan[bigcry]. Which makes no sense to me as the sedan outsells the hatch by quite a bit.

for 600+ I think we could have our own Exhaust made at a shop, maybe not mandrel bent, but on a 4 i don't think it would matter that much.... Id rather have one made anyways, then you can make it the way YOU want.[thumb][thumb]

tomstib 02-26-2012 06:42 PM

Dual Exhaust is in
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang74shelby (Post 4029548)
for 600+ I think we could have our own Exhaust made at a shop, maybe not mandrel bent, but on a 4 i don't think it would matter that much.... Id rather have one made anyways, then you can make it the way YOU want.[thumb][thumb]

Finally got the Borla that I ordered up 3 weeks ago installed in my Focus Sedan. I now have the dual exhaust look with an excellent sound. I did have the middle resonator removed as the car was still too quiet with the new Borla muffler and the the resonator still in

Bwill9886 02-26-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stang74shelby (Post 4029548)
for 600+ I think we could have our own Exhaust made at a shop, maybe not mandrel bent, but on a 4 i don't think it would matter that much.... Id rather have one made anyways, then you can make it the way YOU want.[thumb][thumb]

I plan on going this route regardless of what comes out. I have a shop nearby that has always given my friends and I good deals. Just thought I'd share what I found with everyone else.

I always like to hear what all of these exhausts sound like too so I can try to fine tune my own.

Shade-010 02-26-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwill9886 (Post 4029583)
I plan on going this route regardless of what comes out. I have a shop nearby that has always given my friends and I good deals. Just thought I'd share what I found with everyone else.

I always like to hear what all of these exhausts sound like too so I can try to fine tune my own.

[thumb][thumb][thumb]

foh-kuhs 02-27-2012 10:14 AM

Interesting that according to the dyno runs in the link, the best this system adds is only about 3 hp and same for torque. Not worth the trouble and expense in my mind. I wonder if it means that the stock exhaust is not that restrictive or if the bottleneck is elsewhere?

Bwill9886 02-27-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foh-kuhs (Post 4030604)
Interesting that according to the dyno runs in the link, the best this system adds is only about 3 hp and same for torque. Not worth the trouble and expense in my mind. I wonder if it means that the stock exhaust is not that restrictive or if the bottleneck is elsewhere?

Well considering it's the only mod done to the car and the stock exhaust isn't holding the car back a whole lot except in the noise department, I'd say a couple whp/wtq improvement sounds about right. Typical single bolt-on gains.

You'd definitely see better gains with the full bolt-on combo (including tuning).

Red Jay 918 02-27-2012 02:53 PM

Flowmaster on a 4 cylinder?? no.... they only sound good on V8's. or so most that i've heard

jamesthebikeguy 02-27-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Jay 918 (Post 4030968)
Flowmaster on a 4 cylinder?? no.... they only sound good on V8's. or so most that i've heard

I put a Flowmaster 40, on my Neon back in highschool, I was always surprised how good it sounded.

Now it isnt a v8 but flowys dont get raspy like fiberglass mufflers do (i.e magnaflow) so they keep a little 4 banger sounding deeper.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.