Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280600)

Stealth 02-25-2012 08:46 AM

NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid
 
I have a 2012 Ti fully loaded

This thing has the most advanced MFT system and it parks it's self, but had no indicator for windshield fluid what gives?

Craig9080 02-25-2012 09:05 AM

This has already been posted. Please use a search before making a new thread

1sloho 02-25-2012 10:03 AM

really....[facepalm]know when i know im outta fluid? i push the button and noting comes out. u really need something to tell u ur outta fluid??

AvieF 02-25-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kttnmthkngs420 (Post 4027699)
really....[facepalm]know when i know im outta fluid? i push the button and noting comes out. u really need something to tell u ur outta fluid??

bahahaha this.

03SCSVT 02-25-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kttnmthkngs420 (Post 4027699)
really....[facepalm]know when i know im outta fluid? i push the button and noting comes out. u really need something to tell u ur outta fluid??

Couldn't have said it any better

Shorty Long 02-25-2012 10:46 AM

You have to admit, it is sort of convenient to know when the level is low so you can refill before you find out you're completely out while driving along the highway in sloppy conditions.

Hypnotoad 02-25-2012 11:58 AM

It's not supposed to tell you are out of fluid, it's supposed to tell you are running low before getting on a messy highway and running out.

And the sensor hardware is all there and connected, it just doesn't work, presumbly because of a software omission.

You paid for that hardware, do you not care that you paid for something that doesn't work?

Edit: I just noticed that all the people dismissing this are from areas where they don't spread salt on the roads all winter, where it isn't a safety issue.

BlueIce 02-25-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnotoad (Post 4027820)
It's not supposed to tell you are out of fluid, it's supposed to tell you are running low before getting on a messy highway and running out.

And the sensor hardware is all there and connected, it just doesn't work, presumbly because of a software omission.

You paid for that hardware, do you not care that you paid for something that doesn't work?

Edit: I just noticed that all the people dismissing this are from areas where they don't spread salt on the roads all winter, where it isn't a safety issue.

Seriously, is this true?! If you don't have it in areas with salt on the road, you essentially are driving blind.

Faygo Focus 02-25-2012 02:32 PM

Still says this in version 4 of the owners guide. Is it incorrect?


Instrument Cluster

WASHER FLUID LEVEL
LOW

Displays when the washer
fluid is low and needs to be
refilled. Refer to Windshield
washer fluid in the
Maintenance and
Specifications chapter.

hotleadsingerguy 02-25-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faygo Focus (Post 4027952)
Still says this in version 4 of the owners guide. Is it incorrect?


Instrument Cluster

WASHER FLUID LEVEL
LOW

Displays when the washer
fluid is low and needs to be
refilled. Refer to Windshield
washer fluid in the
Maintenance and
Specifications chapter.

Yes, it's incorrect. I've run out, as well.

And I'm glad someone else noticed that the only people thinking it's not a big deal are people that it doesn't really affect. For those of us that live in areas where salt on a road is a necessity during the winter...this is downright dangerous. Getting onto the highway before finding out you have no windshield wiper fluid is a *big* deal. I usually carry a small reservoir in my trunk during the winter, but only because I realized the warning light doesn't work.


For people living in non-salty areas...imagine driving down the road and someone throwing white paint all over your windshield. Then realizing you have no way to wipe it off...and you're still traveling at 70mph with traffic all around. Now come back to this thread and think before posting.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp