Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New SVT...completley screwed (edit: not completely screwed anymore) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280345)

p0sitivevibez 02-22-2012 11:26 AM

New SVT...completley screwed (edit: not completely screwed anymore)

Just bought a 2003 Comp Orange SVT. 95k, buddy checked it out with me Drove fine. Drove it all the way home from New Jersey. Yesterday it started surging at idle, then smelled burning smell. Had it towed to local shop...they said it's screwed. They're worried about em putting any more money into the car. So I have a few options....sell as whole as is...part it out...new engine. I really like the car, so thinking about new engine. Can anyone recommend a reliable vendor or how to get through this? I don't have all the money in the world but I have good credit and my dad and I are pretty good mechanically wise. Are there new SVT engines for sale? Low mileage used ones?

Something in the engine is burning up. It's running hot. Sensors are bad. Exhaust is broken (figured I could get one from Trubendz). Airbag light is on. Accelerator is sticking. Test drive and drive home was fine. FML

Buddy4679 02-22-2012 11:30 AM

Keep your head up bro. Someone here will know how to get this fixed!

blwnsvtfocus 02-22-2012 11:41 AM

I have a near horror story... I just put a new ( junkyard) motor in my car. Along with a lot of other parts (new struts/shocks, new lca's, tirods, alt, starter, both O2s, and so on and so on) Still to this day, I do NOT regret how much time and money I put into this car so far.

Looking for a motor is a PITA! I ended up having a motor shipped from a junkyard. I bought a motor for $1300 shipped, just for comparison. Had 80K on it. Good luck.

Sorry to hear you're going thru this tho...

p0sitivevibez 02-22-2012 11:52 AM

Yeah I WANT this car... it just doesn't seem to want me lol. How did you go about finding your engine? I was thinking of checking rebuilt engine sites and such. And thanks...it rains it pours around here, for me anyways.

PumkinSvt 02-22-2012 11:55 AM

what did the shop tell you about the motor?? What's burning?

blwnsvtfocus 02-22-2012 12:01 PM

I went to a junkyard by me, they were able to look in their computer to find nearest junkyards. The closest one to me was 3+ hrs away. So I had it shipped like I said.

p0sitivevibez 02-22-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumkinSvt (Post 4022802)
what did the shop tell you about the motor?? What's burning?

I dropped it off last night, they talked to my old man on the phone this morning. Doesn't look good, but I'll see what the deal is when I go to the shop tonight. I'm finding rebuilt SVT blocks for $1800 with 100k warranty though, so hopefully all is not lost.

p0sitivevibez 02-22-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blwnsvtfocus (Post 4022812)
I went to a junkyard by me, they were able to look in their computer to find nearest junkyards. The closest one to me was 3+ hrs away. So I had it shipped like I said.

Ahh, didn't know they had the capability. Thanks!! Might be a viable route for me.

Peregrine 02-22-2012 12:05 PM

PM Tom (1turbofocus). He is the major go-to guy for tuning here and he may have a hot list of SVT motors or his shop might have some rebuilt ones for sale.

FLYLOW 02-22-2012 12:18 PM

isnt 1turbofocus from that area?

if he was from my area i would of taken advantage of it from day one. maybe even a whole engine rebuild/tune