Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   How successful is using Dynamat? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279147)

Wristpin 02-07-2012 04:08 PM

How successful is using Dynamat?

I've been looking at ways of quieting some of the road noise and squeaks from my cars and I was wondering how well this product works. Dynamat sells several products, and then they come in various thicknesses. What has worked for most of you? Thanks.

mac.mogul 02-07-2012 04:11 PM

Go to lowes and get some peel'n'seal

Same stuff, fraction of the price.

Only places you wouldn't want to use it are where it might get too hot and melt (It is asphalt based)

Looks like Damplifier would work as well. Its cheaper than dynamat, but more expensive than pns

Wristpin 02-07-2012 04:21 PM

I was just at Lowe's today and didn't see that product; only insulation had no adhesive. I'll have to look again.
Did using peel'n'seal make much difference in killing unwanted sounds?

mac.mogul 02-07-2012 04:22 PM

I didn't use it because I don't care, but reading reviews from people who have used it seem to point towards yes.

02Zetechse 02-07-2012 06:10 PM

DO NOT USE PEEL AND SEAL!!!!!!! to put it bluntly ... a half ass product yields a half ass result ... If you are looking for an affordable option go with Audio Technix Deadener.

It is a great true Butyl deadener, I have over 5 rolls all through out my car You will notice a difference after 2 layers and it wont melt off like Asphalt based deadeners do .. you will want to focus on doing your floorboards and rear fender Tubs more than any other areas ... Though a layer or 2 over other areas wont hurt ... If you pull the foam from your foot wells you will eliminate alot of engine noise also.

In my personal vehicle I have 6 layers on my roof 3 layers on my floor and 4 on each door . It is solid

64wagon 02-07-2012 06:55 PM

Damplifier pro is pretty much top of the line deadener. Expensive but thick, sturdy, and quietens a ton. We just did the trunk of a new camaro at work that had a lots exhaust on it and worked wonders. We just did the trunk floor, wheel wells, and under the reat seat

Sent from my SGH-T959V using FF Mobile

Wristpin 02-07-2012 07:07 PM

I am amazed at the number of offerings in the field of sound deadeners. Checking ebay, I find a ton of suppliers. I am inclined to go towards the more inexpensive stuff, but it may be false economy if it requires several layers. I'll check into Audio Technix and Damplifier.

02Zetechse 02-07-2012 07:19 PM

all the ebay stuff is 99% asphalt or asphalt butyl blend ... I would stay away from it ... Its a hyped version of peel and seal.... Damplifier is a second skin product and is very high priced but it is very high quality... The Audio technix also has b stock that has little flaws that may be cheaper for you but will perform just the same

freemind 02-07-2012 09:25 PM

Audio technix, RAAmat and Secound Skin have the best products and excellent customer service PERIOD.

Wristpin 02-07-2012 10:15 PM

Where is the best place to buy these superior products (Audio Technix, Raamat, and Second Skin)?
I would prefer a superior product, but price is always an issue.
You've been a great help!