Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tousley Ford. A+++ (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278269)

FiFoci 01-27-2012 12:26 PM

Tousley Ford. A+++

I haven't really spent much time on this forum since I got my new Mustang.
I just wanted to hop on and share how awesome (no homo) Steve at Tousley is.

My starter went up on my Focus Mon night. I got a new starter from the parts store and figured I would also replace my Battery Cables. (the terminals were pretty rough and the wire was melted....)

So on Tues evening I called up Steve and he had the cables in stock and shipped them that day (awesome). I got up this morning around 1030 and BAM they were already sitting at my front door. Not sure what service he used but I appreciate it. I have Never had something delivered that early before.
Oh and I got a great price, even with shipping it was cheaper and arrived sooner than my Local Ford dealer.
Im sure you all know already but any new guys out there if you are looking for OEM parts Steve is your man!

Chris.

KyleQ 01-27-2012 01:06 PM

Yeah - Steve is awesome, I love having Tousley on my way home - whatever I need it just a short trip away. Steve is THE man! I also happen to know the other online part's guy, lol.

iminhell 01-27-2012 01:20 PM

I swung by yesterday and bought wiper blades for peanuts.

I've had mostly good luck with Steve and saved money in the process. Plus I originally bought my car from Tousley.

pasta 01-27-2012 02:24 PM

tousley rules

WiscoGTI 01-27-2012 03:00 PM

Tousley is the shizznit. Nobody better that I know of for OEM parts.

felixthecat 01-28-2012 12:29 PM

I 2nd or 3rd or what ever= Steve is the man!!!!!

TheGlassMaker 01-28-2012 12:51 PM

I've had questions about the SVT bumper on the toulsey site. Everyone told me he had them for $350ish. I looked he had them listed for almost $600 not counting shipping I email him about it and he said they are priced correctly at $598 or whatever, but he said that Ford has discontinued these and he would be removing the listing from the site. So even if I did have the money (which I don't) is he just going to destroy the ones he has in stock? It made no sense to me it's like he was refusing to sell me one. He tells me the correct price then says I can't buy one.

Blue5ive 01-28-2012 01:17 PM

The price auto adjust on the site if Ford raises or lowers price. Ford raised the price on the svt bumper a long while back. He was telling you the correct list price. He was also letting you know they hadn't had any in stock for a while and that he was not able to order them anymore. He is not able to readily take something off the online site. Site tech person has to do that and it takes a while sometimes. So there is nothing that is going to be destroyed cuz there is nothing to destroy..

Steve at Tousley is awesome. Always helpful and will never steer you wrong. Prices for oem cannot be beat and shipping is fast and cheap. Have ordered many things from Steve and have never had an issue. Once I didn't end up not using a rear spindle I bought. Was still in box. He let me return it no hassle even though a couple months had gone by. Not many places will do that.

Joshuasvt 01-28-2012 02:54 PM

Tousley rocks! There are 2 places I get parts for my svt...Tousley and c-f-m. Example....the starter on my svt went out this week. Ford dealership quoted $517 for a new starter. Orileys is between $180 and $200 and tousley parts the same starter is $130. Nuff said.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using FF Mobile

iminhell 01-28-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger_mclaren (Post 3985943)
I've had questions about the SVT bumper on the toulsey site. Everyone told me he had them for $350ish. I looked he had them listed for almost $600 not counting shipping I email him about it and he said they are priced correctly at $598 or whatever, but he said that Ford has discontinued these and he would be removing the listing from the site. So even if I did have the money (which I don't) is he just going to destroy the ones he has in stock? It made no sense to me it's like he was refusing to sell me one. He tells me the correct price then says I can't buy one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtKonaZX3 (Post 3985958)
The price auto adjust on the site if Ford raises or lowers price. Ford raised the price on the svt bumper a long while back. He was telling you the correct list price. He was also letting you know they hadn't had any in stock for a while and that he was not able to order them anymore. He is not able to readily take something off the online site. Site tech person has to do that and it takes a while sometimes. So there is nothing that is going to be destroyed cuz there is nothing to destroy..

To add to this, sometimes Steve will order all the parts he can while still available just to have stock of them. So if he knew the SVT bumper was being discontinued I don't doubt he'd ordered all of the ones left in the warehouse.

Ford does not destroy parts. It's generally someone buying all the old stock and hording it, then trying to find who that is and buying from them.
If you've ever seen the acronym "NOS" in any restoration catalog, that's what this would be. It stands for New Old Stock. Which is a part made from the original tooling and not a reproduction.