Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: KY, NC, SC (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   February Meet (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278112)

Focusology 01-25-2012 05:53 PM

February Meet

Alright guys, we've been thinking of having another meet in February most likely the 11th which falls on a Saturday but haven't had it set in stone yet. I'd like to get some input for those who might be able to make it out. We'll be meeting around the Triad area. I have some ideas to offer but like I said hopefully some can input what they think or any other ideas.

1st Idea: I thought about meeting up somewhere (TBD) to possibly eat for lunch in the Winston area or somewhere in Yadkin county. After we eat we can head up to the mountains for a nice cruise while taking some photos along the way. A little bit of a relaxing idea.

2nd Idea: I'm still working out some details on this one, but we could meet up somewhere for lunch (TBD) probably in the Winston or Greensboro area so lots to choose from, then after we finish up eating head out to either Farmington Dragway or Piedmont Dragway. Only down side to this idea is we would probably have to reschedule to either Friday February 10th (maybe) or Sunday February 12th. If we choose Friday we would go to Farmington (a little closer for those coming from Charlotte) but I haven't gotten an answer to if they have a open track day. Or we could choose Sunday and go to Piedmont (which is a little farther for those coming from Charlotte but closer if anyone comes from Greensboro/Burlington). They do have an open track day that day starting at 1-4:30 P.M. Any car/truck is welcome to come! It is $10.00 to get into the dragway and $10.00 to race (not sure if that's a one time fee or not). After we do some racing we could head out for a little photoshoot.

So I'll leave it up to y'all. Hopefully this won't mess up anyones schedule too bad. I'm hoping for more people to show up maybe. Tell all your friends and family if they're interested in going! Any car is welcome! If you have any other ideas don't be afraid to throw them out there!

Update: I just heard back from Farmington and they said they do NOT have any open track days during February but we could rent to track for $1,000 for that day....I think I'll pass. I also heard back from Piedmont Dragway and they said it is $10.00 per person to race and in the gate and the $10 to race is a one time fee.

Here's a link to Piedmont's website: http://www.piedmontdragway.com/

If anyone knows of any good curvy roads in the Mountains it would be great if you shared those areas, I'm not really to familiar with wayy up in the Mountains just mainly like the Pilot Mountain area.

03SCSVT 01-25-2012 06:41 PM

I'm up for anything. Either sound like good ideas. I'm down to pay $20 to race. Id love to see if my car could hit the mythical 13.5 second quarter or whatever the comparable 8th time is. But mountain cruising sounds good too. Up to y'all what we do!

Focusology 01-25-2012 06:45 PM

It will be a farther drive for you if we do end up going to Piedmont so just a heads up. Although if we go to Piedmont, maybe we could take each others cars down the track? [:D] I've never driven a supercharged car before.

03SCSVT 01-25-2012 06:51 PM

Hahaha maybe, no promises. If you would blow my car up..... [hatchet][rant] and more [hatchet] but I'll prolly let you take it around the block at least... Who knows. And even going there isn't toooooo bad lol. It's all good for a fun weekend [thumb]

Focusology 01-25-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03SCSVT (Post 3982201)
Hahaha maybe, no promises. If you would blow my car up..... [hatchet][rant] and more [hatchet] but I'll prolly let you take it around the block at least... Who knows. And even going there isn't toooooo bad lol. It's all good for a fun weekend [thumb]

Uhhhh[paranoid]......but if your able to make it out that far, I'll go ahead and put my vote in [thumb]

03SCSVT 01-25-2012 07:00 PM

It's southeast of Greensboro right? Google maps said 2h 13m from my house. Far but not toooo shabby lol. I'll be able to make it. Planning on the day taking a whole tank but worth every penny. Speaking of which, iv been pinching penny's and working more just to be able to do this!

Focusology 01-25-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03SCSVT (Post 3982220)
It's southeast of Greensboro right? Google maps said 2h 13m from my house. Far but not toooo shabby lol. I'll be able to make it. Planning on the day taking a whole tank but worth every penny. Speaking of which, iv been pinching penny's and working more just to be able to do this!

Yes sir. I'll post a link to Piedmonts website for anyone who needs it. That's not too shabby at all.....considering it took me and my dad that long to come down there [facepalm].

03SCSVT 01-25-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focusology (Post 3982224)
Yes sir. I'll post a link to Piedmonts website for anyone who needs it. That's not too shabby at all.....considering it took me and my dad that long to come down there [facepalm].

Haha you guys got slightly lost though! Getting on 485 all that way is kind of a trip within itself. And the website would be nice, not that I can't google it or nothing haha. Is it a quarter or eighth mile?

Focusology 01-25-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03SCSVT (Post 3982228)
Haha you guys got slightly lost though! Getting on 485 all that way is kind of a trip within itself. And the website would be nice, not that I can't google it or nothing haha. Is it a quarter or eighth mile?

It's his fault lol. But we did take the long way. The guy just told me it's an eighth mile all concrete [:D]

03SCSVT 01-25-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focusology (Post 3982364)
It's his fault lol. But we did take the long way. The guy just told me it's an eighth mile all concrete [:D]

Yeah, least you made it safely. And as far as the track, hoped it was a 1/4 but it's better than nothing. I'm still down for it.