Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   problem with hill start assist in a brand new ford focus tourer (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277711)

yair24 01-21-2012 11:52 AM

problem with hill start assist in a brand new ford focus tourer
 
hello,

I got my brand new ford focus station tourer (trend) in november 2011 with the double clutch gear. after 5000 Km I suddenly got an error message "hill start assist not available" and a yellow light of a slipping vehicle was also light.

After this error I notice that the hill start assist realy does not work anymore...

when I stop in a hill even a little hill, then when I start driving the car reversed backward alittle before start driving forward.

I send the car for repair and the car now is in the garage for 4 days and the technical man told me they dont know what is the problem he told me that for example they fix something, the problem apears to be solved, they drive it for 40 minute and then the problem come back.

anybody had such a problem?

fordmaneh 01-21-2012 01:41 PM

i have same problem
 
my new ford focus does the same thing had it in twice cant figure out problem. it only happens once in a blue moon last time i was driving and outa nowwhere the message hill start assist is not available message came up like six times in a row then that was it never came on in like 200km so far weird, i hope they figure it out this time did you get yours figured out maybe it is the powershift computer

FordService 01-24-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yair24 (Post 3975870)
hello,
I got my brand new ford focus station tourer (trend) in november 2011 with the double clutch gear. after 5000 Km I suddenly got an error message "hill start assist not available" and a yellow light of a slipping vehicle was also light.
After this error I notice that the hill start assist realy does not work anymore...
when I stop in a hill even a little hill, then when I start driving the car reversed backward alittle before start driving forward.
I send the car for repair and the car now is in the garage for 4 days and the technical man told me they dont know what is the problem he told me that for example they fix something, the problem apears to be solved, they drive it for 40 minute and then the problem come back.
anybody had such a problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordmaneh (Post 3975984)
my new ford focus does the same thing had it in twice cant figure out problem. it only happens once in a blue moon last time i was driving and outa nowwhere the message hill start assist is not available message came up like six times in a row then that was it never came on in like 200km so far weird, i hope they figure it out this time did you get yours figured out maybe it is the powershift computer

Hi yair24 & fordmaneh,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. You may contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673 for assistance. Please keep me posted on the results.

Noemi

Bcdog1123 05-02-2012 09:47 PM

I have had this problem also. I have had the car 9 days now and it has happened 3 times. The first 2 times the problem went away in about 20 seconds. It happened again today and I had to restart the car to fix it. Along with the Hill Start message I got the ABS light and the Stability Control System light. Taking it to dealer on Friday.

mikeeshaq 05-02-2012 10:15 PM

The OP [original poster] is in Israel in a town south of Haifa

umbrage 07-02-2012 09:08 AM

Did anyone receive a resolution on this? I've just taken my vehicle to the dealership with the same problem (ABS + stability control lights constantly on, hill assist unavailable message at start-up). As a bonus problem, my speedometer stopped working at the same time.

umbrage 07-03-2012 10:15 PM

Received a call from the dealer: The issue is a "faulty ABS sensor".

It totally makes sense, given that if the computer can't read the movement of all four wheels, it shouldn't enable power steering, stability control, or give a speedometer reading. I'm sort of impressed that the solution is to just have the car drive like an old car, that doesn't have any fancy technology.

taanio 10-08-2012 04:14 PM

Did everyone on this thread end up with the faulty abs sensor diagnosis? Dd this fix the issue? I'm experiencing the same thing on a late 2011 uk focus titanium that I just bought.

umbrage 10-19-2012 11:10 PM

It was definitely the fix in my case.

nytelyf561 10-26-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umbrage (Post 4239892)
Did anyone receive a resolution on this? I've just taken my vehicle to the dealership with the same problem (ABS + stability control lights constantly on, hill assist unavailable message at start-up). As a bonus problem, my speedometer stopped working at the same time.

Very sane thing happen to time. How did it get fixed?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.