Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   helpp svt catalyst unsupported (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277271)

fanat 01-15-2012 06:12 PM

helpp svt catalyst unsupported

I cant pass DEQ in OR because the catalyst is unsupported.. how do i make it supported? anyone know? also i changed the o2 sensor so there are no error codes when i put in the scanner computer thing.

1turbofocus 01-15-2012 07:44 PM

Car may be tuned , contact your tuner

Tom

fanat 02-01-2012 10:53 PM

sorry kind of new to this, i havent been using it much. The thing is i dont know who tuned it, or anything, everything is good. Evap is unsupported as well .. but basically they want to see catalyst ready or supported to make it pass

1turbofocus 02-02-2012 08:44 AM

Most cases when you see this it is because the rear o2 is turned off , a way to test this is unplug the rear o2 and see if you get a CEL with in a 20 mile drive if not then the rear o2 is turned off with in a tune

All you will be able to do is contact a Ford dealer and get your ECU reflashed back to stock , this could cost from 40.00 to 100.00 depending on what the dealer charges

Tom

fanat 02-02-2012 05:32 PM

it has the O2 sensor in right now, and i drove it long enough, and nothing showed up. Im not sure what a CEL is. what can i do?

1turbofocus 02-02-2012 05:45 PM

CEL= Check Engine Light , I gave you a way to test above

Tom

fanat 02-02-2012 11:21 PM

sorry i miss read it. I will test it, and after i do, ill let you know if it turns on. if it turns on then it should be the tune causing it. Correct?

sleepyboy 02-02-2012 11:37 PM

Could be the tune, but first do what Tom said and see if it causing a CEL, if it does then your car is not tuned and it's something else wrong. If it doesn't come on then the car has a tune on it, and you will have to go to the dealership to get it flashed back. Did you buy the car used? If you did, did the PO give you the tuner with the car? If he did, then use the tuner to flash it back to stock. If you don't and let the dealership flash it then you may not be able to put the aftermarket tune back on it, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Most of us get them tuned because it greatly improves driveability.

fanat 02-03-2012 01:00 AM

I will do what Tom said when i get back to the car in the weekend. But from looking at the vehicle inspection paper, it says the following

Misfire: ready
Fuel system: ready
component: ready
catalyst: Unsupported
Catalyst heater: Unsupported
Evap: ready
2nd air: unsupported
reserved: unsupported
o2 sensor: ready
o2 heater: ready
EGR/VVT: unsupported (whats thatt mean??)
comm: pass
mil: pass
DLC:pass

sleepyboy 02-03-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanat (Post 3994266)
I will do what Tom said when i get back to the car in the weekend. But from looking at the vehicle inspection paper, it says the following

Misfire: ready
Fuel system: ready
component: ready
catalyst: Unsupported
Catalyst heater: Unsupported
Evap: ready
2nd air: unsupported
reserved: unsupported
o2 sensor: ready
o2 heater: ready
EGR/VVT: unsupported (whats thatt mean??)
comm: pass
mil: pass
DLC:pass

Looks like it may have a tune, though not all do this. I just passed with my focus and it's tuned and modded. Some are lucky like me and some aren't.

Also did you buy it used and did it come with a tuning device? check the glove box ya never know lol