Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Valentine One (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276935)

Jdog913 01-10-2012 11:50 PM

Valentine One
 
Well after being in my father in law's car over the past week I really enjoyed his Valentine One. I was impressed with the range from when it first signaled to the police car insight. With the lack of aftermarket for the 2012 Focus I began to get a little bored so I purchased one ($418). Shipping was quick and painless.

I plan on doing a direct install using the visor clip. Instead of using the T-Splice included with the Valentine radar, I plan on using a "Add-A-Circuit". Which goes into the fuse panel using an existing fuse and does exactly what it says add a circuit. I am going to have to run a wire the length on car to the fuse panel in the hatch and remove the A-Pillar.

If anyone is interested I will make a detail "How-To" guide on the install.

Also please DON'T make this a debate on Escort/Beltronics is better/worst than Valentine.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2a47s0.jpg

ttime4four 01-11-2012 01:48 AM

I was very tempted to get a "Blend Mount" for my V1, but I realized it wouldn't work on my '12 Titanium. Perhaps the other spec cars have a compatible mirror.

Link to website --> BlendMount. Their "mirror tap" also looks very ingenious. I would totally use it if my vehicle allowed.

Here's a link to my V1 install on my other vehicle. [cool]

Good luck with your install and I look forward to seeing your results.

FlankerDFR 01-11-2012 05:49 AM

I've had a V 1 since the around 2000-2001. They've certainly been the best radar detectors I've ever owned. Saved me I don't know how many tickets over the years.

My nit pics with them are the incredibly dumb LED indicators for full, partial, and least sensitivity..........instead of having something logical like 1, 2, and 3, or A, B, and C.................you get the idea. The other thing is the incredibly tiny letters next to the radar/laser band indicator LEDs. DUDE! No one has 20/10 vision! Why not have LED or illuminated LCDs that clearly show X, K, Ka, or L?!

Thought about a direct hidden hot line like you've done, many many times in the past. Never got around to it. Nice job on yours though! maybe when I get home next.

cacophonous 01-11-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdog913 (Post 3962043)
A Tool drives a car with the following features.
1: Tinted Windows with the optional taillight tint.
2: Extremely loud sub woofer
3: Blue headlights/Scattered HID headlights
4: Exhaust that sounds like a weed whacker.

Why are tinted windows/tail lights bad? I don't follow...

ihdillon 01-11-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdog913 (Post 3962043)
Well after being in my father in law's car over the past week I really enjoyed his Valentine One. I was impressed with the range from when it first signaled to the police car insight. With the lack of aftermarket for the 2012 Focus I began to get a little bored so I purchased one ($418). Shipping was quick and painless.

I plan on doing a direct install using the visor clip. Instead of using the T-Splice included with the Valentine radar, I plan on using a "Add-A-Circuit". Which goes into the fuse panel using an existing fuse and does exactly what it says add a circuit. I am going to have to run a wire the length on car to the fuse panel in the hatch and remove the A-Pillar.

If anyone is interested I will make a detail "How-To" guide on the install.

Also please DON'T make this a debate on Escort/Beltronics is better/worst than Valentine.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2a47s0.jpg

You can just use the fuse box in the passenger footwell. I hooked my radar detector to the 12v charger.

Jdog913 01-11-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttime4four (Post 3962117)
I was very tempted to get a "Blend Mount" for my V1, but I realized it wouldn't work on my '12 Titanium. Perhaps the other spec cars have a compatible mirror.

Link to website --> BlendMount. Their "mirror tap" also looks very ingenious. I would totally use it if my vehicle allowed.

Here's a link to my V1 install on my other vehicle. [cool]

Good luck with your install and I look forward to seeing your results.

Nice install! I was also would like the blend mount but why won't it work on your vehicle? Do you have an auto dimming mirror?




Quote:

Originally Posted by FlankerDFR (Post 3962211)
I've had a V 1 since the around 2000-2001. They've certainly been the best radar detectors I've ever owned. Saved me I don't know how many tickets over the years.

My nit pics with them are the incredibly dumb LED indicators for full, partial, and least sensitivity..........instead of having something logical like 1, 2, and 3, or A, B, and C.................you get the idea. The other thing is the incredibly tiny letters next to the radar/laser band indicator LEDs. DUDE! No one has 20/10 vision! Why not have LED or illuminated LCDs that clearly show X, K, Ka, or L?!

Thought about a direct hidden hot line like you've done, many many times in the past. Never got around to it. Nice job on yours though! maybe when I get home next.

Haha I hear you. I already memorized the order they are in from bottom to top (X, K, Ka and L). It would be nice to have a display that clearly read out what band it was on. But oh well, I still like it.

Jdog913 01-11-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cacophonous (Post 3962295)
Why are tinted windows/tail lights bad? I don't follow...

I never said they were "bad" (However taillight tint does reduce light output to other drivers). I just said a "tool" drives the car with the following features, that happened to be one of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihdillon (Post 3962299)
You can just use the fuse box in the passenger footwell. I hooked my radar detector to the 12v charger.

Thanks! Saved me from running a wire the length of car.

Bwill9886 01-11-2012 11:27 AM

Man, I've never seen the BlendMount before... was actually thinking about rigging up something like this for my STi Driver myself haha!

Only problem is that it looks like it might interfere with it's rear detection... Oh well, thanks for that link regardless!

Also I've been waiting to see if anyone had figured out the best spot to "hook into" for direct wiring. Might just have to get mine wired up this weekend.

blackraven456 01-11-2012 11:32 AM

Wish that was legal here - oh well, guess I have to wait until I get to Florida.

hoover460 01-11-2012 11:40 AM

I would like to see how you run the wires, may do this as well. I see we use our Valentines in the same area! I work in Fraser. State boys are always on I-94!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp