Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   2012 HID Thread (Info Only No Arguing) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275526)

FocusBoy58 12-20-2011 07:08 PM

2012 HID Thread (Info Only No Arguing)
 
Items you need for the install on your 2012 (If you purchase cancellors or anything else YOU THINK might work your going to waste your time and everyone elses asking why their not lit so follow my instructions)

Resistors http://retro-solutions.net/product-i...hm-pid601.html

Relay Harnesshttp://retro-solutions.net/product-i...ss-pid582.html

An H11 35w or greater HID Kit (Same for Foglamps but they dont require anything but the HID kit since they are not monitored by the computer)

Heres some pictures of them Installed going down the road.
While Driving
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...70756521_n.jpg

Behind a Car
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...14025895_n.jpg

Side of Car
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...14386544_n.jpg

Notice this FACTORY PT Cruiser with More light on the Bumper then My car on the Honda in the Previous Picture.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...27512023_n.jpg

Notice Little to no Glare on the Sign and how sharply the Lights Cut off. (Not a Super Sharp Cutoff but very very Noticable)
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...36060787_n.jpg

On my Private Road.
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...05609054_n.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...06731078_n.jpg

Highbeams on, Notice you can see a Sign now and before you couldnt.
The Highbeams allow you to see further but not as bright at that distance as an HID Highbeam would be.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...94959818_n.jpg

During the Day
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...32282794_n.jpg

Enjoy and Please If your not here to contribute anything to this thread do not comment on their legality.

Opinions on how they look are welcome and if their offensive or possible arguement starter I will have them removed.
[cheers]

misfire 12-20-2011 07:37 PM

looks good. i have a similar setup on my 2010 and the cut off is well too. im still going to get projectors to better my setup. but luckily our cars dont throw the light all over. my 2003 did and i did not continue to keep the lighting that way due to the well being of others.

are you running 5000k headlamps and 2000k fogs?

FocusBoy58 12-20-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfire (Post 3936046)
looks good. i have a similar setup on my 2010 and the cut off is well too. im still going to get projectors to better my setup. but luckily our cars dont throw the light all over. my 2003 did and i did not continue to keep the lighting that way due to the well being of others.

are you running 5000k headlamps and 2000k fogs?

6000k 3000k and yes my 2008 had a good cutoff aswell. the 00-04 factory lights ya not so much :) I run Hella Projectors in my 2001, and run C4R Racing Projectors in my Corvette.

I know some headlamps have poor light throw even from the factory and when coupled with HIDs its game over to the people in front of you.

misfire 12-20-2011 07:48 PM

cool. i have 6000k and 3000k now and am switching my headlamps to 5000k

1stFocus2012 12-21-2011 03:07 PM

I will be installing over the weekend! I can't wait to see them in action. I got both the headlights and fog lights in 8000k! Great pics btw!

mikebontoft 12-21-2011 03:24 PM

I hate old cars... mine has a glass fluted lens which throws HID lighting around like a disco ball. you guys are lucky to have clean clear lenses.

Out of curiosity, what is recommended for a 2012 projector retrofit or for that matter has anyone done it yet?

FocusBoy58 12-21-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebontoft (Post 3936991)
I hate old cars... mine has a glass fluted lens which throws HID lighting around like a disco ball. you guys are lucky to have clean clear lenses.

Out of curiosity, what is recommended for a 2012 projector retrofit or for that matter has anyone done it yet?

noone yet. It would surely void any electrical warrantys

shonuf 12-22-2011 08:51 AM

Ok so i installed an hll relay harness with resisters on each light from retro solutions. I am getting flickering and the "dimmed bulb error" is still occuring.
Is there something i am missing?[bigcry][paranoid]

FocusBoy58 12-22-2011 09:17 AM

Yes you must not put those (resistors) on the hids but instead connect them to the h11 harness on the headlight. One on each side. Left side will not be plugged in to anything but the headlight but once its grounded it will work just as it should.

1stFocus2012 12-22-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 (Post 3937674)
Yes you must not put those (resistors) on the hids but instead connect them to the h11 harness on the headlight. One on each side. Left side will not be plugged in to anything but the headlight but once its grounded it will work just as it should.

this is starting to sound complicated [paranoid]


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp