Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   2012 stf (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275370)

Brutality 12-17-2011 08:35 PM

2012 stf

Anyone planning on running in it? The PAX looks awesome!
I'm definitely excited.

GodLovesUgly 12-18-2011 02:29 PM

i will be running SMF in my SVT and STF in my girls RSX.

eliaslincoln 12-20-2011 12:08 PM

i think ill be in STF next year, aslong as i can get a hold of a few parts. (coilovers)\

if not i'll just co-drive in STU in a STi

Brutality 12-21-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliaslincoln (Post 3935571)
i think ill be in STF next year, aslong as i can get a hold of a few parts. (coilovers)\

if not i'll just co-drive in STU in a STi

Thats what I am doing currently. Trying to piece together an awesome spring/strut setup over winter.

pkolator 12-28-2011 10:50 PM

It is a very soft index (softer than HS). But I'm sure Rick has some sound data to back it up ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutality (Post 3937335)
...Trying to piece together an awesome spring/strut setup over winter.

I have an awesome spring/strut setup for sale. Shortened/revalved struts and revalved shocks to match H&R Race springs. PM if interested.

eliaslincoln 01-06-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutality (Post 3937335)
Thats what I am doing currently. Trying to piece together an awesome spring/strut setup over winter.

same here but i think my work is going to make me a custom set of bilstiens which could be sick. im waiting to hear how its going to all go down.

roadracerex 01-14-2012 01:43 PM

So I am thinking we may want to do the upgrades for the wife's SVT Focus to run in STF this year. She ran HS Index last year. She won the Index2 class at the Packwood SCCA National Tour event in July and would have beaten all the guys in Index1 also.

If you had your wish list, what would it be?

Coilovers?
Camber plates?
Intake?
Tuning hardware (I have a tuner)?
Headers? Exhaust? No cat?
Sway Bars?
Tower braces?

I may run her car if it turns out well to save on tire costs or just run my Z06 again this year.

Any and all comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

pkolator 01-14-2012 02:02 PM

I would suggest suspension before power. Camber, coilovers and swaybars to make better use of the power that the car has already.

roadracerex 01-14-2012 02:17 PM

Which company for each type of part? I had good luck with KW coilovers on my STi I ran in STU class.

I have not noticed much from tower braces, honestly.

Camber plates are huge, but none of them I have found add more than 1 degree negative?

Who for sway bars?

She just chimed in and actually likes the way it handles now as it does not rotate like a FWD should and she kinda likes it that way. I was thinking camber plates, camber bolts for the rear, intake and tune. Which intake?

pkolator 01-14-2012 03:00 PM

LCR camber plates (they don't make them anymore, you'll have to find used ones) or K-Mac (very expensive). Otherwise its SPC, which only add 1 degree but you'll get some more negative camber with reduced ride height.

I've heard good things about KW coilovers, though I have no personal experience with them. Another option is H&R Race springs with off the shelf Koni yellows. It is regarded as the best shock/strut/spring combo for the Focus off the shelf. I ran this set up on my car for a couple of seasons and really liked it. It was also pretty tolerable during dd duty as well.

SPC camber bolts in the rear worked fine for me. In conjunction with the H&R race springs I had about 1.6 degree negative camber in the rear and I was never left wanting more.

In conjunction with a 22mm front sway bar off a Focus wagon and 24mm rear sway bar from H&R the car handled very well and was easy to tune with just tire air pressure changes.

Massive Speed System and FSWerks make front and rear upper "stress" bars. FSWerks also makes a front lower.

For an intake you can't go wrong with an AEM cold air intake.