Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   newb to Foci, not much else. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274222)

dino lord 12-01-2011 02:39 PM

newb to Foci, not much else.
 
first focus, somewhere around 40th car(about half being mustangs). had Lightning, couple SRT4's, an STi....i don't even remember what else.
picked up a little project to make a daily/parts runner out of.
'04 SVTF 5-door. all stock, well-maintained, one owner, lady-driven car. none of that is a joke. buddy's wife drove it about 45 miles one way every day since brand new. stock original clutch lasted almost 160k. i can't make one last 30k in a fun car...haha.
stopped running one day, owner found codes for misfire on 1 and 2, along with a 'coolant not up to temp in specified time' code.
while he was trying to diag and do a tuneup, he managed to break the intake manifold, and gave up and decided to sell.
i picked it up at a very fair price, and now need to buy an intake and start checking shit out.
aside from the massive quantities of rock chips on the front bumper, some parking lot 'love', and a broken fog light, you would never know this thing has 210k miles on it...wow.
houston, tx area(just NW normally) and college station for school a couple days a week.
i'll keep the thread updated as i figure this thing out.
onto some pix, just a couple quickies he sent me and then when i picked up:
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/.../Photo0036.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/.../Photo0038.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...5/IMAG0601.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...5/IMAG0602.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...5/IMAG0603.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...5/IMAG0604.jpg

Tom-E09 12-01-2011 02:57 PM

Very nice welcome to Ff. How much did you pay for it if you dint mind me asking

05redfocus 12-01-2011 03:07 PM

nice hatch.

tukaniSVT 12-01-2011 04:24 PM

Welcome to FF. Nice pick up.

You said you were looking for a daily for parts pick up, why an SVT Focus? Just asking.

There are other vehicles that are a bit larger for good parts pick up that have a bit better gas mileage than the SVT. I love my SVT Focus, but for parts pick up, I would have suggested like a Scion XB ... more room and better gas mileage.

Just my opinion.

But again, nice pick up. And with that mileage and issues, I bet you got it cheap.

I will say, the SVT Focus is a fairly easy car to work on. And Ford parts are cheap. But hard to find for the SVT Focus.

-Ray-

dino lord 12-01-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom-E09 (Post 3913959)
Very nice welcome to Ff. How much did you pay for it if you dint mind me asking

too cheap for the general public's eyes, most would be mad. haha. if i can't get it running, i'll part it. or do a RWD conversion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05redfocus (Post 3913973)
nice hatch.

thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tukaniSVT (Post 3914094)
Welcome to FF. Nice pick up.

You said you were looking for a daily for parts pick up, why an SVT Focus? Just asking.

There are other vehicles that are a bit larger for good parts pick up that have a bit better gas mileage than the SVT. I love my SVT Focus, but for parts pick up, I would have suggested like a Scion XB ... more room and better gas mileage.

Just my opinion.

But again, nice pick up. And with that mileage and issues, I bet you got it cheap.

I will say, the SVT Focus is a fairly easy car to work on. And Ford parts are cheap. But hard to find for the SVT Focus.

-Ray-

i do a lot of mustang parts, not for a business. just for my personal pockets and projects.

main reason was the deal. couldn't pass it up. i like fun toys...and often 'different' fun toys.

i'm in the parts business and have a couple great contacts at local ford dealers so shouldn't be an issue.

i recognize the name from WSM. [welcome]

FLYLOW 12-01-2011 07:38 PM

welcome! two new guys in a week, texas is growing :)

fhh02a 12-01-2011 07:56 PM

good looking car..

i wish i had your wheels.. I have the SVT spokes and want something different

Blue5ive 12-01-2011 08:02 PM

If you can't get here running and decide to part her out then you would make your money back and then some easily. And of course we would descend upon you like vultures. Respectful vultures but still vultures haha. That being said I hope you get her running and welcome!!!!!

FLYLOW 12-01-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtKonaZX3 (Post 3914327)
And of course we would descend upon you like vultures. Respectful vultures but still vultures haha.

attack mode

http://i44.tinypic.com/2gvq07o.jpg

dino lord 12-01-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx3ss (Post 3914288)
welcome! two new guys in a week, texas is growing :)

thx.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhh02a (Post 3914323)
good looking car..

i wish i had your wheels.. I have the SVT spokes and want something different

i just mentioned on the jet that i wanted the 5-spokes or multi-spokes, these 6's just don't pop to me.
i'd be willing to work a trade. these have some curb-love, but nothing horrendous. you know...like a woman drove it or something. haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtKonaZX3 (Post 3914327)
If you can't get here running and decide to part her out then you would make your money back and then some easily. And of course we would descend upon you like vultures. Respectful vultures but still vultures haha. That being said I hope you get her running and welcome!!!!!

oh, i'm sure. i hope it to just be an intake and some tinkering. got a feeling it's simpler than it should be. i'm really amazed at how clean this 210k mile interior is...

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx3ss (Post 3914349)

i lol'ed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.