Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Performance (2002-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   CFM 67mm throttle body (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272677)

whimsicalpouch2 11-10-2011 08:46 PM

CFM 67mm throttle body
 
just installed my new CFM TB on my 02 SVT focus with 160,000. what a difference it made. much more sensitive, and made my low end torque better. i can burn out soooooo much easier now and keep it going.

i noticed the stock TB was for the msot part completely plastic, and that the valve thing that turns in it was plastic and came bent, so it wasn't as big. the thing that turned wasn't completely straight and thin, so it itself was restricting air flow. definitely pleased with this upgrade. now just waiting upon magnaflow exhaust and my eibach sports system kit.

oh and what does "bump" mean on the marketplace thing? i see that all the time and have no clue what that means

Flow~cus 11-10-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whimsicalpouch2 (Post 3890022)
oh and what does "bump" mean on the marketplace thing? i see that all the time and have no clue what that means

Good call on the throttle body. I need to get mine installed.

And "bump"ing your post gets it back to the top of the list so more people can see your post. That way the post doesnt get lost in the long list of for sale items.

whimsicalpouch2 11-10-2011 10:16 PM

yea dude, it really doesn't take that long. like 30-45 minutes if you don't mess up. it too me a lil longer because i put a part upside down hahah

alright alright, thanks for clearing up bumping for me.

ukfan50 11-12-2011 10:56 PM

Where can I buy a CFM 67mm TB? Is it a direct bolt on or is there any modification needed. I just orded my K&N Typhoon Intake and Magnaflow CB today.

pr_capone 11-12-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukfan50 (Post 3892431)
Where can I buy a CFM 67mm TB? Is it a direct bolt on or is there any modification needed. I just orded my K&N Typhoon Intake and Magnaflow CB today.

http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfm67mmthrott...t170focus.aspx

whimsicalpouch2 11-13-2011 09:01 AM

its a direct bolt on, take off the intake, take off the old throttle body, and pop on the new one.
the hardest part is after you take off the throttle and cruise control cables if you have criuse control. there is this rubber bushing thing that the throttle cable goes on, its quite difficult to get off. i ended up cutting the metal off the old throttle body just to get it off.

ukfan50 11-13-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 3892456)

Thanks for the link, much appreciated! Looks like we have the same SB SVTF. I know when I first purchased my SVTC you could call SVT & get the production #, but in recent years on contour.org newer SVTC owners were stating that they'd call SVT & they would not provide the production # unless you purchased the "SVT Certificate" for $30. Any other way to find out my production # w/o calling SVT & paying $30? Thanks again & any help would be appreciated!

ukfan50 11-13-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whimsicalpouch2 (Post 3892698)
its a direct bolt on, take off the intake, take off the old throttle body, and pop on the new one.
the hardest part is after you take off the throttle and cruise control cables if you have criuse control. there is this rubber bushing thing that the throttle cable goes on, its quite difficult to get off. i ended up cutting the metal off the old throttle body just to get it off.

Thanks for the tip! Yesterday I ordered a K&N Typhoon short Ram intake and a magnaflow CB exhaust system (I truly hope it doesn't sound ricey!) but I got it for $350 shipped compared to $668 for a Borla shipped. So I'm going to go ahead & order the 67mm TB and have everything installed at once. Thanks again for your help!

pr_capone 11-13-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukfan50 (Post 3892701)
Thanks for the link, much appreciated! Looks like we have the same SB SVTF. I know when I first purchased my SVTC you could call SVT & get the production #, but in recent years on contour.org newer SVTC owners were stating that they'd call SVT & they would not provide the production # unless you purchased the "SVT Certificate" for $30. Any other way to find out my production # w/o calling SVT & paying $30? Thanks again & any help would be appreciated!

The people at Contour.org are incorrect. I called and was given my production number without charge. The only reason I went ahead and purchased the certificate is because of mine's production number of #0002.

Perhaps the production number thing is strictly a Contour thing due to it's age?

ukfan50 11-14-2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 3893380)
The people at Contour.org are incorrect. I called and was given my production number without charge. The only reason I went ahead and purchased the certificate is because of mine's production number of #0002.

Perhaps the production number thing is strictly a Contour thing due to it's age?

That's a pretty cool production #. I'm just going to call & prolly order the certificate as well.

True


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp