Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Help with datalogging (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272373)

SVTF410 11-06-2011 07:14 PM

Help with datalogging

I have been data logging with Tom now for a couple of months and have just now started having issues. I have a 2004 svt. What is happening is anywhere from 10-200 seconds into the data log the log just stops reading or freezes. I have tried everything that i can find to make this work properly but it just won't work. never has any issues starting though. In the past 2 days i have tried to data log at least 40 times and have succeeded only once. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1turbofocus 11-06-2011 11:41 PM

I would contact SCT and see if they have anything for this yet , they know it is an issue and have for some time

407-774-2447

Tom

caterham 7 11-07-2011 10:23 AM

You need to contact SCT. I had this problem for over 6 months abd they still have not fixed it!! They even took over my lap top it worked once then stopped while they were in controlo. It tooki Tom coming to Texas and putting in old logs to get it to work again .Never< i repeat ,NEVER down load the updates once you get it to work. There new updates are flawed and they will only admit it is a problem when pressured to fix and they know you have a working knowledge of the programs. I have friends that have gone to MBE and haltec because of the problems with SCT.

caterham 7 11-07-2011 10:25 AM

You need to contact SCT. I had this problem for over 6 months and they still have not fixed it!! They even took over my lap top, it worked once then stopped while they were in control. It took Tom coming to Texas and putting in old logs to get it to work again .Never< i repeat ,NEVER down load the updates once you get it to work. There new updates are flawed and they will only admit it is a problem when pressured to fix and they know you have a working knowledge of the programs. I have friends that have gone to MBE and haltec because of the problems with SCT.

SVTF410 11-08-2011 09:49 AM

I finally had a succesfull data log last night, I had contacted tom to help me out and then suddenly poof it worked. Now that you say the thing about the update i do belive that it started happening when i did an update. Is there a place to get older versions that is known to work? I'm sure it's not fixed and i jst got lucky, it's like if it makes it past the 3 minute mark then it's fine.

caterham 7 11-09-2011 11:11 AM

I had a tech at SCT tell me that the updates were the problem but not to tell anyone he said so,can not remember his name anyway since i talked to so many. I was told that they had a problem with the knock sensor programing. As far as older programs,Tom came all the way to MSRhouston and spent a week with me and it took that long to install a data program that works. He spent hours and hours on the phone with SCT, it was a total waste of time for Tom when he should have been having a great time tuning and driving the track. Once Tom gets a good data log, SCT tunes on my cars are the best only because of the knowledge Tom has on our engines!

Blivit 11-09-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caterham 7 (Post 3887728)
I had a tech at SCT tell me that the updates were the problem but not to tell anyone he said so,can not remember his name anyway since i talked to so many. I was told that they had a problem with the knock sensor programing.

Whoever told you that here was wrong.

caterham 7 11-09-2011 03:43 PM

OK, if he was wrong i accept that. Now what is the problem.If it was just my data logging that stopped,i would take full blame for not being smart enough to data log. But if you look at this forum it happens all over the US. SCT has great products and i and my friends have spent thousands and will spend more. The cost to get Tom here last year was well worth it but even he has problems with your updated programs. I have pictures of Tom tuning over ten cars at my race track in texas all using your SCT products. Point being made all of us just want it to work when we need it to-time is money to all of us. When your tech took over my lap top he turned off the knock because he said that the latest update was having issues,we still did not get it to work and after being on thw phone for THREE hours mhe had to go because he had to go to a meeting about this and said he would bring up what issues he had with my data log stopping. After that Tom came to Texas again, put in an old program and it has worked great,so i never follow up with that tech to see what came out of that meeting,but according to you the knock is not the problem so that is a step in fixing the problems. I am afraid to do any up dates til you or someone at SCT can convince me it will be OK.
thanks for looking at our forum and helping all of us out. I for one will accept mall the help i can get so i can get proper and good logs to send to TOM. I have to data log a friends car next week and will have him up date his lap top and we will see what happens.

1turbofocus 11-09-2011 04:02 PM

Larry , DO NOT have him update his laptop or his xcal yet the new updates still have the same problem on the ZX2 I have already tried it

I informed the GM of SCT about having to use 2 laptops one to datalog and one to tune with so he knows as well , Give him some time to look into things and just keep the software as it is for now and give him a chance to see whats up

Tom

Blivit 11-09-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1turbofocus (Post 3888067)
Larry , DO NOT have him update his laptop or his xcal yet the new updates still have the same problem on the ZX2 I have already tried it

I informed the GM of SCT about having to use 2 laptops one to datalog and one to tune with so he knows as well , Give him some time to look into things and just keep the software as it is for now and give him a chance to see whats up

Tom

I stated before that I would not be responding to your messaged but this needed clarification.

You DID NOT contact the GM of SCT. You have contacted the VP of the sales department though.