Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   SYNC System Thread (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271624)

CJohn364 10-27-2011 02:59 PM

SYNC System Thread
 
This is a sticky thread for the Ford SYNC system. I've read some threads that people were having separate issues with SYNC from the MFT System. This thread is designed for people to discuss the SYNC Sytem and discuss issues and solutions with the SYNC System. Let's keep this clean.

For you information:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...rd&model=Focus

Enjoy.

SimonSellsAustin 10-27-2011 09:21 PM

https://secure.syncmyride.com/Own/Mo...ent/Login.aspx

Go online and setup your SYNC system . I've set mine up for home, work, friends addresses, etc.. the SYNC navigation works much better. I also have the iPhone application for on the fly inputs.

Elizabeth 10-27-2011 10:01 PM

I have Sync. The 203a package with the SE.
I cannot get the device to understand my voice. It responds with other 'ideas.. (I didn't try too hard though, once or twice with a few commands..)
So I just gave up. I do not even own a cellphone anyway.
(sooner or later i will have to get one,...)
So my not getting along with Sync does not bother me, though i guess it would be better to have it work.
I am a Luddite I guess...

Focus805 10-28-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 3872958)
I have Sync. The 203a package with the SE.
I cannot get the device to understand my voice. It responds with other 'ideas.. (I didn't try too hard though, once or twice with a few commands..)
So I just gave up. I do not even own a cellphone anyway.
(sooner or later i will have to get one,...)
So my not getting along with Sync does not bother me, though i guess it would be better to have it work.
I am a Luddite I guess...

That's strange. My SYNC system works great, phone or USB, recognizing my instructions flawlessly, even with hard to pronounce names on the cell. No MFT for me though.

Dr. Woo 10-28-2011 08:35 AM

I posted a thread a couple weeks back asking about audio streaming over Bluetooth and voice commands:

SYNC without MFT and Bluetooth audio

Some good info in there. Also, thanks to JessicaTi for posting the new phone compatibility matrix for SYNC:

http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dea...N_iop_2_00.pdf

jcarlilesiu 10-28-2011 01:10 PM

Anybody able to get an android device to be read via USB? I would like to transfer some photos and files to the car, and it used to read this device but now says its unsupported.

I have upgraded to 2.11 sync and gingerbread. Don't seem compatible anymore.

JPopNC 10-28-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu (Post 3873556)
Anybody able to get an android device to be read via USB? I would like to transfer some photos and files to the car, and it used to read this device but now says its unsupported.

I have upgraded to 2.11 sync and gingerbread. Don't seem compatible anymore.

You can't transfer files from a phone, unless you're talking about your phonebook, then that's a whole other story.

The best way to transfer Standard pictures for your MFT wallpaper is by thumb drive.

JPopNC 10-28-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 3872958)
I have Sync. The 203a package with the SE.
I cannot get the device to understand my voice. It responds with other 'ideas.. (I didn't try too hard though, once or twice with a few commands..)
So I just gave up. I do not even own a cellphone anyway.
(sooner or later i will have to get one,...)
So my not getting along with Sync does not bother me, though i guess it would be better to have it work.
I am a Luddite I guess...



Start simple, say something like " I'm hungry " to see what it does.

Also, it really wants things in a specific format, so make sure you're following that. At first make sure you have it set for default so she prompts you for the next step, then you can start with "Destination", then she'll ask follow-up multiple choice questions for next steps.

It is a learned system so over time it will pick up on your specific voice patterns so then both you and SYNC will be more compatible.

Dr. Woo 10-28-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPopNC (Post 3873675)
You can't transfer files from a phone, unless you're talking about your phonebook, then that's a whole other story.

The best way to transfer Standard pictures for your MFT wallpaper is by thumb drive.

Anyone have any thumb drive recommendations? Or drives to avoid?

I bought this one thanks to its ridiculously good test scores with smaller file read/write (smaller meaning < 15 MB). Hoping it works.

I figure as long as it's formatted in FAT32 I should be in the clear. Note: SYNC doesn't play nice with NTFS.

wag4513 10-28-2011 04:11 PM

Sync Traffic Notices
 
I tried to set up the sync traffic update between home and work and back. It wanted to know who my phone service was with. When I selected T-Mobile I was told the that wasn't a supported provider, and that was the end of it.

Tried again and selected Sprint and it worked just fine. When I got the traffic notices it said I could get 10 a month. That is not any help and I ended the notices.

I have MFT, if that makes any difference

Has anybody else used this feature? What were your results?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp