Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   My Ford Touch Thread (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271622)

CJohn364 10-27-2011 02:53 PM

My Ford Touch Thread

A member mentioned about having a sticky for the MFT sytem and I thought it was a good idea. Here's the thread for owners to discuss the MFT system, talk about and share issues they are having and to even share solutions. I know there are several MFT threads already out there, but we gotta start somewhere. Please keep this clean as it's going to be for everyone's benefit.

For everyone's information:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...rd&model=Focus

Enjoy.

copernicium112 10-27-2011 02:58 PM

Nice. A bunch of us have asked on random occassions for one to keep all of the information in one place and cut down on redundant threads. Hopefully it will help.

Thanks for setting it up Carl.

CJohn364 10-27-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copernicium112 (Post 3872567)
Nice. A bunch of us have asked on random occassions for one to keep all of the information in one place and cut down on redundant threads. Hopefully it will help.

Thanks for setting it up Carl.

No prob.

aperson9923 10-27-2011 03:40 PM

Will somebody please post a video demonstrating Sync Services Navigation that is included with the MFT? (not the Voice Activated Navi) There is not a single video on YouTube demonstrating it. Thanks. I am planning to get the $795 Voice Activated Navi but I wanted to know how the SYNC Services Navi on MFT holds up. Thanks

TehMark 10-27-2011 03:43 PM

Things I'd like here:

Current version and build dates affected (2.11 came factory installed on all cars built after Aug 1st for example)
Link to put in your vin to check your build date from sticker
Fuse pull reset instructions
On screen reset instructions
Link to SyncMyiTunes

all I can think of so far

Also, Thank You!! for making the sticky

forceflow2 10-27-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson9923 (Post 3872608)
Will somebody please post a video demonstrating Sync Services Navigation that is included with the MFT? (not the Voice Activated Navi) There is not a single video on YouTube demonstrating it. Thanks. I am planning to get the $795 Voice Activated Navi but I wanted to know how the SYNC Services Navi on MFT holds up. Thanks

Went out and took a couple of videos. The longer one is still uploading, but shows the MFT during the drive. I could probably have cut out a bunch of the dead time, but oh well. Will post when finished.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

EDIT:
Here's the long one. I tried to get it to do most of the things I am aware that it can do. It bounces a bit, guess I should have pushed the headrest down harder.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

aperson9923 10-27-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forceflow2 (Post 3872722)
Went out and took a couple of videos. The longer one is still uploading, but shows the MFT during the drive. I could probably have cut out a bunch of the dead time, but oh well. Will post when finished.

YouTube Video

EDIT:
Here's the long one. I tried to get it to do most of the things I am aware that it can do. It bounces a bit, guess I should have pushed the headrest down harder.
YouTube Video

Thank you so much.[:D] That was a helpful demo. Now I am kinda a ditz when it comes to driving[driving][duh] so I think I will go with the V.A.N.. ( Just realizied that VAN or Voice Activated Nav, is NAV spelled backwards[grinking])

Also, if someone else could do a similar demo WITH the Vocie Activated Navigation Package on the MFT that would be a great Side by Side.... at least for me?[cool]
Thanks Again

aperson9923 10-27-2011 07:47 PM

Thanks for that... Now can I get one WITH the Navi installed

Quote:

Originally Posted by forceflow2 (Post 3872722)

YouTube Video

EDIT:
YouTube Video

Thank you so much.[:D] That was a helpful demo. Now I am kinda a ditz when it comes to driving[driving][duh] so I think I will go with the V.A.N.. ( Just realizied that VAN or Voice Activated Nav, is NAV spelled backwards[grinking])

Also, if someone else could do a similar demo WITH the Vocie Activated Navigation Package on the MFT that would be a great Side by Side.... at least for me?[cool]
Thanks Again

EDIT: BTW congrats on the 37.9 MPG, you must not have the lead foot like me, (im getting 18 MPG in my '03 Accord V6, can you tell I like to go fast[driving][race]

SimonSellsAustin 10-27-2011 09:17 PM

The Navigation isn't needed. Ford SYNC will pull up destinations, favorites and input addresses. There's also an iPhone application that will allow you to SYNC manual inputs from your iPhone.

https://secure.syncmyride.com/Own/Mo...ent/Login.aspx

feta_mgp 10-27-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson9923 (Post 3872831)

Thanks Again

EDIT: BTW congrats on the 37.9 MPG, you must not have the lead foot like me, (im getting 18 MPG in my '03 Accord V6, can you tell I like to go fast[driving][race]

I would stay away from the Navi for now. 99% of those I have seen with major MyFord Touch problems have also had the navigation option. I for one do NOT have Navi and have next to no issues (aside from small bugs/glitches) with my MFT. I recommend spending $2-300 on a very nice standalone unit rather than $800 on a shoddy unit that adds more problems than good. Plus, you can use the standalone in any vehicle.