Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Vibrating at Idle (2012 Focus) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271519)

akelley3 10-26-2011 11:21 AM

Vibrating at Idle (2012 Focus)

Does anyone's 2012 Focus vibrate whenever the car is at idle? It wasn't there when I first bought the car and I am just wondering if it is a normal thing. I opened the hood and it looks like it's from the engine vibrating back and forth and the vibrations are propagating through the rest of the car. It isn't extremely bad, but it is definitely noticeable. I have bout 2500 miles on the car now.

I took it into the service shop again to have them look at the shuddering problem with the new transmission and mentioned the vibration to them. They made sure all the connections were tight and that's about it. The tech said he thinks the vibrations are normal, but I just can't imagine that it's normal for a car that's less than 2 months old to vibrate at idle. Let me know what you think.

pasta 10-26-2011 01:15 PM

most all 4 cylinder all shake and shimmy

Dgc333 10-26-2011 01:29 PM

99.9% of the time ours is perfectly smooth. The .1% is once after idling stuck in a traffic jam for a good 15 minutes it started to shake noticeably but once moving it was again smooth at idle and hasn't done it since.

Inline 4cyl engines with balance shafts are very smooth or should be.

FordService 10-26-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akelley3 (Post 3871192)
I took it into the service shop again to have them look at the shuddering problem with the new transmission and mentioned the vibration to them. They made sure all the connections were tight and that's about it. The tech said he thinks the vibrations are normal, but I just can't imagine that it's normal for a car that's less than 2 months old to vibrate at idle. Let me know what you think.

Hi akelley3,

Without experiencing the vibrations myself, it's difficult to say if it is normal. Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I will help with your concerns. Talk to you soon!

~Natasha

ABFORDGUY 10-26-2011 03:31 PM

My 2012 does.. intermittently. Sometimes more noticable then others. I think it's normal.

warneej 10-27-2011 10:53 AM

Mine slightly vibrates as well, its not a big deal to me.

bachbach 07-01-2012 02:15 PM

i've the same problem with my ford focus 1.6 tdci !!! It is extremely bad, and definitely noticeable. I have bout 12500 miles on the car now. The tech said he thinks the vibrations are normal, but I just can't imagine that it's normal for a new car !!!

tan_veer 10-31-2012 07:49 PM

My 2012 FORD Focus has the same issue. I did 1900 and it started this issue around 1500+. The vibration was not there when I bought it so I do not think this is NORMAL. For a new car and for a FORD this is NOT normal. I already mentioned this when I went for complementary service last week but seems like they did not even give my comment any value. I will contact main Ford Customer Care here in Australia today/tomorrow to discuss further.

sandiaman 11-07-2012 05:14 PM

Vibration at Idle

I took my 2008 in to check for the vibration. My regular mechanic checked everyting out, and as some of you posted on my original note, it was the motor mounts. They are so badly worn that they can't be adjusted, or whatever. I have 49,000 on the car and live in a very dry climate (New Mexico), so mechanic indicated they might have dried out ?.
Anyway, thank's for mentioning that. I'm getting them replaced.

markwb 11-07-2012 05:30 PM

[giddy]
Quote:

Originally Posted by pasta (Post 3871288)
most all 4 cylinder all shake and shimmy

On a serious note, I notice vibration on this one. Maybe a poll would be in order for all the 2012 owners related to vibration issues. This may be a class problem.