Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   ANY Regrets! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269576)

tyebo5 09-29-2011 08:05 AM

ANY Regrets!

Ok people lets get down to the final question of the year.
Who regrets buying the 2012 Ford Focus since it's been out? Yea I know it's a great looking car that handles nicely when it runs but from the MFT issues, paint issues, oil leaking issues, moon roof leaking issues, water getting in the car after heavy rain issues, steering issues, auto sensing windshield wiper issues, Nav issues, and the infamous transmission issues Damn lets keep it real. What the F[?|][:(!][bigcry][bash]K is going on Ford!

scottjl 09-29-2011 08:18 AM

only regret i have is getting MFT. the rest of the car is "good enough"..

BetaDnB 09-29-2011 08:29 AM

No regrets. The less technology you put in a car the less problems you'll have.

DougC 09-29-2011 08:30 AM

NO regrets at all here! I LOVE my 5spd Ingot Silver SE Hatch w/ the 201A, Sport & Winter pkgs. It's a GREAT little car! I'm closing in on 1,900 miles BTW.

2012silversel 09-29-2011 08:32 AM

Other than the MFT and NAV problems, all those other issues you listed are not widespread. I read articles and try to stay on top of Ford, the Focus and new designs and features coming out. Other than the reviewers who are absolute American auto and Ford haters, I haven't read anything about the items on your list. If one person on this forum has an oil leak or water entering from the corner of the windshield, that doesn't mean the issues are widespread. Nothing is going on at Ford that isn't going on at every other auto maker. By the way, absolutely no regrets, my SEL 5-door has been perfect.

csvt2060 09-29-2011 08:45 AM

I don't completely regret giving up my trouble free 2010 Fusion Sport for this car---what I do regret is having to deal with the lousy, inept, slow, and unprofessional customer service Ford gives to BOTH the dealers and customers.

warneej 09-29-2011 08:51 AM

No regrets. My Titanium has been perfect.

RRM707 09-29-2011 09:00 AM

I've only put 6 miles on my Titanium, since I picked it yesterday....lol.

You people will be the first to hear of any regrets, assuming I have any in the future... :)

SydneyRoo 09-29-2011 09:08 AM

This thread is going to turn in to another giant complainfest, lol.

No complaints here, even a fully loaded Ti. Love the car.

Blizzard35 09-29-2011 09:27 AM

First off, let me say that I do really like my car.....however, all of the "joy & excitement" of new vehicle ownership evaporated almost right after taking delivery of the car. From day 1, I have been plagued by MFT issues, wide spread system meltdowns, never ending fuse pulls, numerous weekly trips back to the dealership for various reasons. My car has paint issues that have yet to be addressed, but I have been promised that they will be fixed, eventually.

If the MFT issues had not been present (or had actually been fixed) then I would be able to say that I have no regrets. On the other hand, since I'm now into my 4th month of ownership and ALL the issues have not been resolved with MFT/Navigation/Paint etc. the experience has left me feeling like maybe I should have waited until this time next year, once I was sure that Ford had rectified the MFT fiasco. Time will tell I suppose, but I honestly wish I could say that I have "NO REGRETS" because at this point in time, I can't!