Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267804)

tyebo5 09-08-2011 12:57 AM

Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus?

All,
I just wanted to put this question out there since there seem to be so many issues with the 2012 Focus. Who is happy with there car[:)] and who is down right piss off with theres[:(!]

completely_focused 09-08-2011 01:36 AM

I'm really happy with mine but I've only had it for three weeks now. Mostly city driving to and from work but I love the transmission and road handling. There are a few things that don't work like when the rain sensing wipers activate the lights don't come on. I have to manually activate the lights. Of course the USB ports lock up sometimes and I end up pulling fuses to reset it. But overall I still wouldn't want any of the other competing cars in the Focuses class. The Focus rocks and once the bugs are ironed out it will be that much better.[popcorn]

biggens77 09-08-2011 02:06 AM

I have had my Focus for a week now and I am more then happy with it. I have a titanium loaded with everything but the handling package and have been scared to post cause i dont want to jinx anything but so far so good. 1st tank of gas I hit 30mpg so I expect that to get better from there. I think the car drives great. MFT froze once and it will not show my album art ever since I played an untagged mp3 but other then that no issues and I really like it. I have a 32 Gig Patriot USB stick with 2500 songs and it indexed and built the voice commands in prob less then 5 minutes. Also worked very good with my old 32 gig zune.

I racked up 600 miles so far and the only thing I am not crazy about is the auto wipers. I was driving with them on headed to work and they were just not working enough. Maybe the sensor is dirty I dunno but I had to keep touching something cause I was unable to see at some points cause they would not wipe.

so far though really love the car and the way it drives and was pleasently suprised how quiet it is on the highway.

Edgar 09-08-2011 02:10 AM

I've had mine 2weeks, love it. Just miss the hp/torque from my old Explorer

stivo 09-08-2011 02:42 AM

maybe this was just a rental car thing, but i rented one a week ago... every time i crossed the 65 mph threshold the thing would beep a little chime and tell me to drive carefully. at 75 mph it would warn me that i was approaching top speed... so when i pinned it it topped out at 80.

i have to say, the chimes at 65 really pissed me off. other than that it was ok... the interior was quite a bit nicer than other cars in the segment for sure. but when i got back to my SVT and hit the first set of corners out of the airport... driving that rental made me love my car all the more.

sorry guys... i like the grill though.

SydneyRoo 09-08-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stivo (Post 3813744)
maybe this was just a rental car thing, but i rented one a week ago... every time i crossed the 65 mph threshold the thing would beep a little chime and tell me to drive carefully. at 75 mph it would warn me that i was approaching top speed... so when i pinned it it topped out at 80.

haha the rental company enabled the speed warnings and limiter with the MyKey feature, awesome. Drive safer ;)

Owned mine for.. just over two months now I think. 95% satisfied with the car. Looks good, drives nice, smooth and quiet on the highway. 6 speed auto is satisfactory, though I'd have preferred a 6 sp stick. Fuel economy isn't quite where I want it to be, despite not driving very hard. Not too many issues with MFT but they happen randomly. Starting to learn when it typically messes up - ie, I now know to plug in my iPod -before- turning the car on, or it won't work.

mustlovefocus 09-08-2011 05:44 AM

No issues with mine. I LOVE THIS CAR !! So much fine to drive.
------------------------------------------------
2012 Silver SEL HB, 303A Prem Pkg, Nav, Sun Roof, Winter Pkg, Sill Plates, Ex Prot Pkg

estoyloco 09-08-2011 06:03 AM

Truly happy with the car portion...
As a whole ownership aspect no because of MFT if that makes sense.

scottjl 09-08-2011 06:10 AM

i've had my car a few weeks now. i'm mostly happy with it, but if i had to do it over i'd look at the competition a bit more. and i would not order MFT.

Blizzard35 09-08-2011 06:13 AM

NO, I am not happy at all. From the paint issues, to the never ending MFT nightmare, to the squeaking headliner, sticking outside door handle, Navigation that doesn't work (which I suspect is all tied in with the MFT fiasco) misaligned body panels, rear hatch that let in dust/rain because it was not put on properly, and the list goes on and on. If QUALITY IS JOB 1 at Ford, I'd hate to see what Job 100 is!!!