Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Performance (2002-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   SVT Catalytic Converter - Source for Reman or Perf Replacement needed. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266499)

Mark Misegadis 08-23-2011 04:48 PM

SVT Catalytic Converter - Source for Reman or Perf Replacement needed.
 
I have had my SVT parked for 2 years now as I havent been able to source either a remaned Stock Cat or an aftermarkent unit that is bolt on.

My last attempt earlier this summer had me contact CFM but I had no luck.

Are there any other sources for what I am looking for that will allow me to avoid Fords replacement cost of $2500. (what are they smoking?)

I have searched this forum prior to joining and again today but seem to run accross sources that are no longer valid.

Thanks in advance. Mark

svt3387 08-23-2011 05:39 PM

good luck my car has been on jack stands for 2 months with bad cat pipe cfm is jacking around im about to have one made

afgray327 08-23-2011 06:03 PM

man, 2 years. i would have found a muffler shop and had an aftermarket cat welded on or bought the ORP. we dont have emissions testing down here where i live so the ORP may be unusable for you. even if you had to have it towed to a shop, that plus the labor and parts would be far less than the ford cost, thought might be you can find one through tousley ford, they offer quite a discount on OEM parts.

benkap 08-23-2011 06:23 PM

Post in the wanted section. I got a used one for $50.
Posted via FF Mobile

Mark Misegadis 08-24-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkap (Post 3794047)
Post in the wanted section. I got a used one for $50.
Posted via FF Mobile

Thanks - I would but since you cant see straight through this thing I'd be concerned about this having blockage like my current one does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt3387 (Post 3794005)
good luck my car has been on jack stands for 2 months with bad cat pipe cfm is jacking around im about to have one made

I shot a question to CFM on their cat. We will see if we can get the interest going here. It was easier to leave it parked as I bought a Solstice GXP coupe for the street and have been busy with some racecar projects. However anytime I did any research for a purchase I ended up with nothing but dead ends. Its been easier to source goodies for the 64 Falcon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by afgray327 (Post 3794030)
man, 2 years. i would have found a muffler shop and had an aftermarket cat welded on or bought the ORP. we dont have emissions testing down here where i live so the ORP may be unusable for you. even if you had to have it towed to a shop, that plus the labor and parts would be far less than the ford cost, thought might be you can find one through tousley ford, they offer quite a discount on OEM parts.

Talk to me about a source for an ORP. When you say that your just talking about making a generic Cat fit the purpose and adding the bungs for an aft for the 02 sensors?

Thanks Mark

ajmorell 08-24-2011 11:18 AM

I don't see why a local exhaust shop couldn't figure something out for you. I would think they could just bend up the pipe and weld the bungs, flanges and cat in the appropriate locations, which I think is what afgray was trying to say.

benkap 08-24-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Misegadis (Post 3794803)
Thanks - I would but since you cant see straight through this thing I'd be concerned about this having blockage like my current one does.

If you're thinking about going ORP, then why not just hollow out your blocked up cat?

It will keep a stock look for maximum stealth...

svt3387 08-24-2011 02:57 PM

i myself dont want that fart can sound from an offroad pipe thats why i have been looking for a replacement cat but i have 4 other cars bought this svt focus to match my 03 cobra and i have been chasing parts for this car for months i talked to the guy at cfm he told me the cats are on back order they wont have anything till maybe the end of september. how you get ahold of this dominic guy.

svt3387 08-24-2011 03:10 PM

thanks just sent him an email see what he says

jamminsvt 08-24-2011 03:58 PM

Man I just checked out Dominic's website. He makes some awesome stuff! I'm going to have to order soon. He could use some better website navigation tho.lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp