Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   just moved to ft worth from memphis (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266202)

TommyBlackST 08-20-2011 12:22 AM

just moved to ft worth from memphis

i just recently moved from memphis tn and need to know who a good focus tuner is here in the dfw area. i am figuring with the move it might be worth a look at retuning my ST. with the humidity, temp and other environmental changes i thought this might be a good idea. could be i could data log with my sct tuner and send it to tom, but if there is somewhere here in my area, l moved to keller, could someone point me in a good direction for focus tuning. thanks for any and all ideas.

streetfocus 08-20-2011 07:44 PM

Welcome to Texas. I'm sure someone from that area will chime in here about a shop any minute......

Slo86GT 08-20-2011 08:01 PM

Ha, that's funny. I moved from Southaven to North Houston and picked up a Focus after blowing up the trans in my pickup. >.<

Loving the mileage of the Focus so far. I'll keep an eye on this thread as I'm looking to get her tuned as well. 31 mpg just isn't enough! lol

Blue5ive 08-20-2011 08:18 PM

Welcome to Texas. Most of the DFW guys use shops for stuff so they might have a good idea. In Houston we get together and work on our cars. Might be best to get with Tom.

TommyBlackST 08-20-2011 08:53 PM

yeah i already thought of tom. i may just do some data logging on the sct and send it to him. I found a shop that does 3 dyno runs for $75, but they don't have the equipment to tune my focus they are mostly a chevy shop. please keep the info coming i most assuredly appreciate and thanks for the welcome.

VonKrause 08-21-2011 09:01 AM

Welcome to Texas, don't know about the tune stuff but wanted to say welcome. ^_^

TommyBlackST 08-21-2011 11:02 AM

thanx for the big tx welcome. so far so good here... hot, but a good place to be.

YellerZX3 08-21-2011 03:47 PM

Possibly Dallas Mustang for tuning but then I think they have dropped one of the guys Foci off the dyno in the past.

Guess I'm one of the few (even thou it hasn't been much lately) that turns his own wrenches in DFW.
We are in kind of a lull at this point as most of the crew have moved to other cars.

TommyBlackST 08-23-2011 12:50 AM

yeah in memphis dynospeed racing did my engine work and tuning...mostly mustangs, but tuned me to around 200 whp N/A. But my car was stolen and being back to stock cept for whats listed in my profile now and sits around 155 whp and 153 wtq. plus it got sorta wrecked when stolen so I may just concern myself with getting the bod work done. dont know where to go here. memphis collision is owned by a buddy of mine and was gonna put new front sap1 facia and paint whole car for around 2k. doubt i'll get that here... i may travel back in a couple months and get the body work done, then seek out some go stuff here.

TommyBlackST 08-24-2011 07:16 AM

found a shop to repair my flex pipe and heavy duty gasket (due to dogbone mount putting stress on it when my foot gets overly happy or heavy. also i found a speed shop i think. if anyone knows anything about it plz let me know, SpeedTek in Haltom City. I believe that's the name of the shop. thx