Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Ongoing Front End Rattle (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263321)

flygry1 07-15-2011 06:57 PM

Ongoing Front End Rattle

Mine was in the dealers for a week where they replaced the right front strut and bearing. They also checked everything with some audio equip. Bottom line..the annoying low speed rattle is still present.

Any suggestions out there? Getting very frustrated since there are no apparent answers. The dealer really doesn't know what to do?

Grimlock99 07-17-2011 12:47 AM

I got the same problem around 20mph and also got a pulsating vibration between 50 and 70 mph.The car is in the shop and they think something's loose in the powertrain and transmission.I got the powershift tranny.Only got the car a few days and regret getting that stupid half baked transmission.

Figs181 07-18-2011 09:29 PM

Can you describe the rattle? I am hearing a seriously annoying light "hollow plastic" noise. Oddly enough I don't hear it on broken or rough pavement...only on relatively smooth pavement. The sound is also exaggerated at low speeds (5 mph) over broken pavement. Just wondering if this is the same thing you are hearing...

flygry1 07-18-2011 09:40 PM

Mine's more of clunking sound. It's only noticeable on rough roads (very common in Mich) at 10 mph or less. Once you know it's there it is very annoying. You can turn up the radio, but a brand new car shouldn't have these issues. 10 days at the dealer and counting!

ecmarc2 08-01-2011 04:29 PM

I have that problem too. I have taken it into the shop and they said they couldn't find anything wrong. I changed my oil, and while it was up, I looked at what I could, and I couldn't find anything that was loose. So, I don't know what to do.

xwhit3devilx 08-01-2011 05:12 PM

This happens to me ALL THE TIME!!! Especially when just starting off the line. Obviously its not a large problem (unless the wheels eventually fall off or something)but a new car shouldn't have problems like this right off the lot. For comparison, my 15 year old Cadillac never rattled at all; like ever in its life. This new Focus is a wonderful car, but Ford really has some quality control issues to work out. I hope there's a recall or at least an easy fix for whatever is causing this.

flygry1 08-01-2011 05:26 PM

Have them check the motor mounts. That's what they found wrong with mine

dirtbrown 08-01-2011 05:27 PM

i would be so pissed making payments on a brand new rattle can

e350 coupe 08-01-2011 06:49 PM

I had the problem and it was the struts. When they were finished I drove home in a quiet 3 level below underground and heard a banging or rattling sound.

Now after about a month I notice it is only when the car has warmed up and never when cold in the morning, I wonder if it could be the Kraysor vents the open and close in front of the Radiator, and they only rattle in the open position.