Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Pro-Clip Phone Mount (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262345)

Josh321 07-05-2011 11:52 AM

Pro-Clip Phone Mount
 
One thing I've been slightly disappointed with is the lack of center console interior storage. I wish there was a cubby hole right where the climate control and shifter are--mainly to stick my phone for easy access without taking up the cupholders. I ended up ordering a Pro-Clip mount, and I love it. Check it out here: 2012 Ford Focus Pro-Clip Mounts.

I got the angled mount, and it fits just perfectly on the edge of the vent and that lower trim piece below the audio/nav. It is very secure and sturdy--no rattles or wobbliness. I've decided to use Bluetooth for music instead of USB, so I like to have the phone visible to pick out music, etc. and view SMS if they come in (iPhone doesn't support SMS through Sync). The mount is inside the vertical plane of the center console, too, so it doesn't bump the left knee of the front passenger.

Great product!

Titanium12 07-05-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh321 (Post 3729885)
One thing I've been slightly disappointed with is the lack of center console interior storage. I wish there was a cubby hole right where the climate control and shifter are--mainly to stick my phone for easy access without taking up the cupholders. I ended up ordering a Pro-Clip mount, and I love it. Check it out here: 2012 Ford Focus Pro-Clip Mounts.

I got the angled mount, and it fits just perfectly on the edge of the vent and that lower trim piece below the audio/nav. It is very secure and sturdy--no rattles or wobbliness. I've decided to use Bluetooth for music instead of USB, so I like to have the phone visible to pick out music, etc. and view SMS if they come in (iPhone doesn't support SMS through Sync). The mount is inside the vertical plane of the center console, too, so it doesn't bump the left knee of the front passenger.

Great product!


Any pictures of yours and what phone do you have? Thanks!

Josh321 07-06-2011 06:47 AM

I meant to do this when I made the first post. Here you go:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DSC02520.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DSC02521.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DSC02522.jpg

It's a little hard to tell from the first pic, but it's angled perfectly towards the driver. The mount I got for my iPhone is supposed to work for iPhone 3G/3GS with cases, but my case is pretty thin, so it can tilt a little bit (isn't wobbly, though). iPhone 4 models in slim cases fit perfectly. The mount is also on a tilt/swivel base to get it in just the right position. It locks down with a screw once there. The mount is also width adjustable for other phone/device models.

EddieWinslow 07-07-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh321 (Post 3731040)
I meant to do this when I made the first post. Here you go:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DSC02520.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DSC02521.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DSC02522.jpg

It's a little hard to tell from the first pic, but it's angled perfectly towards the driver. The mount I got for my iPhone is supposed to work for iPhone 3G/3GS with cases, but my case is pretty thin, so it can tilt a little bit (isn't wobbly, though). iPhone 4 models in slim cases fit perfectly. The mount is also on a tilt/swivel base to get it in just the right position. It locks down with a screw once there. The mount is also width adjustable for other phone/device models.


sorry to thread hijack...but its been bugging me.

what are the 2 buttons that you have directly in front of your shifter knob? in my SEL i have the passenger airbag light and then defrost i believe. what are the other 2 as mine is just a blank space.

SydneyRoo 07-07-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieWinslow (Post 3733235)
sorry to thread hijack...but its been bugging me.

what are the 2 buttons that you have directly in front of your shifter knob? in my SEL i have the passenger airbag light and then defrost i believe. what are the other 2 as mine is just a blank space.

I'll answer that!
One is to turn the front/rear parking sensors off (just in case you hate the beeping and want to hit something), the other is to turn the Self-Parking thing on! I have both on my car :3

STL 314 07-08-2011 12:43 AM

Looks pretty good ... usually I think those things are too clunky but I like it. Might consider getting one for long trips or my commute. Does it clip/unclip pretty easily?

Josh321 07-08-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL 314 (Post 3734013)
Looks pretty good ... usually I think those things are too clunky but I like it. Might consider getting one for long trips or my commute. Does it clip/unclip pretty easily?

The mount is semi-permanent. It has some adhesive strips under the clip to make sure it doesn't budge, but the clip itself holds on pretty tight. The phone just slides in and out of the holder.

baron 07-12-2011 01:10 PM

I got an iphone bracket on Ebay for $12. It secures with 3m dble sided tape. On my se I have it attached in the little cubby where the emergency brake is on an sel. The bracket works great and keeps the phone in a place where it is easy to see maps and at the same time keep it plugged into the usb for charging and better than bluetooth audio. Also very easy to put in and take as I leave the car. I don't seem to have photo posting privileges yet or I would post some pics. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Titanium12 08-02-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh321 (Post 3734327)
The mount is semi-permanent. It has some adhesive strips under the clip to make sure it doesn't budge, but the clip itself holds on pretty tight. The phone just slides in and out of the holder.

Got mine today and man do I like it! [strongman] Mine mounts on the opposite AC vent.....very accessible from the steering wheel. Would have taken some photos.......but my iPhone 4 was in the holder! LOL! I'll take a picture with my wife's phone sometime this week and post.

OK...here are the photos.....some are dark I know.....but you get the idea.
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...a/DSC02695.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...a/DSC02694.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...a/DSC02693.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...a/DSC02706.jpg

HoustonFocus 08-03-2011 10:28 PM

I have the left mount one as well with Garmin velcroed to it. I hard wired it next to the steering column, then behind the stereo following the steel support rod, then over to the fuse box. Hour of PITA for wiring but clean forever after.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp