Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   MFT screen protector (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262123)

MGDeftones 07-02-2011 03:55 PM

MFT screen protector

Has anyone installed a screen protector on their MFT? I spent about an hour and a half detailing my car today and the only thing I didn't clean was the touch screen because I figure its going to get tons of finger prints anyway. Has anyone put one in that would cut down on the finger prints?

mysticbluebmw 07-02-2011 04:16 PM

The only way a screen protector for your MFT is going to be useful, is if you clean your screen a lot. I would imagine if you are always cleaning your screen, you'll eventually start to see some wear. It's not like replacing an iPhone every year, you might have this car for a while. I, however don't see myself cleaning the screen too often, since you can't see the fingerprints when the MFT in on anyway.

scottjl 07-02-2011 07:12 PM

in another thread somewhere someone said they put a nushield on it. i believe they said they picked up one for a ford edge 2011 and it fit perfect.

Titanium12 07-02-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottjl (Post 3727032)
in another thread somewhere someone said they put a nushield on it. i believe they said they picked up one for a ford edge 2011 and it fit perfect.

Yep.....putting one on mine.

TitaniumFred 07-03-2011 12:50 AM

Another idea is do what I did. I use a stylus I bought for the iPad to control the MFT. No more fingerprints.

MGDeftones 07-03-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottjl (Post 3727032)

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one from amazon for $20. I'll update this thread after I install it.

AmishGuy91 07-03-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGDeftones (Post 3727359)
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one from amazon for $20. I'll update this thread after I install it.

Link?

entity 07-03-2011 08:54 PM

This is what I posted in another thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by entity (Post 3718347)
I installed the NuShield DayVue screen protector last week. Yes, the screen is 8" and uses the same one listed for the '11 Edge.

Part # NU380RA

Pro tip: Thoroughly clean display with LCD cleaner and a lint free cloth, and have a can of compressed air on hand to remove small particles of dust.

I had to reapply mine two or three times trying to get it straight and even. No dust bubbles! You can't even tell it's there.

Hope this helps!

Because NuShield's website is so terrible, here is step-by-step as to how I how bought it.

1) Click here to start.
Note: I had to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.
2) Select 'Edge '11' from the dropdown menu. Click 'Select Film Type'.
3) A new window will appear. The 'NuShield DayVue' will be pre-selected since it is the only one available.
4) Click 'Add to Cart'.
5) At the checkout screen, enter promotion code KPR%10 for 10% off your order.
6) I checked out using Paypal.

Total came to $15.30 shipped. Not bad!

Hope this helps guys!

STL 314 07-03-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitaniumFred (Post 3727334)
Another idea is do what I did. I use a stylus I bought for the iPad to control the MFT. No more fingerprints.

Not a bad idea ...

MGDeftones 07-09-2011 01:51 PM

So I put my screen protector on today. I didn't use the one scottjl suggested. Instead I used this one. I took pictures, but they don't really show much of a difference. The screen has more of a glass look to it now. I haven't driven it around during the day yet, so I'm not sure how its going to do with glare and all that. It took about 15 minutes to put on and wasn't all that hard.