Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Rattling from door area stereo when playing music? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261810)

GoGators 06-29-2011 06:55 AM

Rattling from door area stereo when playing music?

Hello guys,

As of late my Focus is having an annoying rattle coming from the passenger side lower door stereo. It almost sounds as if something has come loose. It comes and goes depending on the bass. I have the base SEL 6-speaker system in my Focus. Anyone else experiencing this problem? The driver side rear door has the same problem. Very annoying.

Thanks

descentgate 06-29-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoGators (Post 3722898)
Hello guys,

As of late my Focus is having an annoying rattle coming from the passenger side lower door stereo. It almost sounds as if something has come loose. It comes and goes depending on the bass. I have the base SEL 6-speaker system in my Focus. Anyone else experiencing this problem? The driver side rear door has the same problem. Very annoying.

Thanks

GoGators, I had the same problem, but on the rear driver-side passenger door panel. It's definitely annoying and I had the folks at the dealer where I bought it check it out. They definitely caught the rattling, and said they were going to change out the speaker (although I think the culprit is simply a loose speaker, I guess it doesn't hurt to change it).

Ocysp 06-29-2011 02:25 PM

Getting a rattle from the front passenger door here. Also getting a small rattle some where in the dash when driving on a rough/bumpy road.

Sayer 06-29-2011 02:30 PM

Rattle free.

STL 314 06-29-2011 03:21 PM

I have the same rattle in the driver-side rear door whenever there's a little bit of bass. Glad to know your dealer checked it out, I'll have to mention it when I go in. Although it could be the speaker, I thought it was coming from the cupholder/storage area that is in the door for the rear passengers?

descentgate 06-29-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL 314 (Post 3723444)
I have the same rattle in the driver-side rear door whenever there's a little bit of bass. Glad to know your dealer checked it out, I'll have to mention it when I go in. Although it could be the speaker, I thought it was coming from the cupholder/storage area that is in the door for the rear passengers?

I did try out holding the trim piece when the strong bass did come on, it helped a little but not completely. Also made sure there was nothing left in the storage compartment that was rattling too. Definitely mention it to them. Only issue is that they're estimating a week for the part to come in, so I'll have to come back to the dealer again.

chum567 07-05-2011 03:09 PM

i have rattle too....very annoying

keishafgtx 07-05-2011 03:54 PM

i also had the rattle just noticed it on the last drive, seems to be coming from the speaker, front right (driver) annoying :|

azgsa 07-05-2011 07:13 PM

I'm getting the radio buzz in the right rear door. Figured I'd mention it when I take it in for a couple of other issues...

STL 314 07-08-2011 03:32 PM

dealer didn't find any rattle during the inspection. might have to solve this one myself