Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Water collecting at bottom of doors after rain (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260641)

kingburger 06-14-2011 01:18 PM

Water collecting at bottom of doors after rain

Hi everyone,

Great forum, by the way!

I bought a Focus S sedan at the beginning of May. It has been fantastic so far (though it needs firmer springs/shocks + new wheels/tires - that for a later post). It has a totally different feel vs. my Mk1 2.3 (more like a Golf).

Back to the topic...when you open the passenger front or side door after a rain storm, a lot of water will be released from the bottom of the door (enough to get your shoes really wet). Has anyone experienced that? I haven't noticed this on the left side, though it could be due to the direction it is parked in the driveway. Will take it to a dealer soon...

Thanks.

KonaBlueHatch 06-14-2011 08:38 PM

yes mt back doors are very bad....open the door and its like a bucket pours out...def going to be a future rust prob

Focuson1946 10-01-2011 12:48 PM

Yes my driver door is doing that , Took it to the dealer they checked the drain and it still
has water. Going to make a vidio and show them

feta_mgp 10-01-2011 12:52 PM

Never bad enough on my car to complain about. Open the doors after a rain, water is pooled there, after driving 5 minutes its dried. Won't rust anything.

sterg 10-01-2011 01:07 PM

My back drivers side door fills up between the door seals and spills out when you open the doors. I had a post about it a while back. The dealer told me it was common. I think Ford needs to come up with a solution.I think the doors need to be adjusted to some spec.

daltonm 10-01-2011 01:41 PM

Happens with rear doors on mine. Have to remember to warn passengers after a hard rain.

jpaul 10-01-2011 03:53 PM

Have not noticed that at all. I will be on the look out though. My car is parked on a hill maybe the water is running out before I get to it.

dasilvarsa 10-01-2011 03:56 PM

The door sills are level, They should angled towards the outside.

hotleadsingerguy 10-01-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasilvarsa (Post 3843104)
The door sills are level, They should angled towards the outside.

That has nothing to do with it.

The problem is the doors are sealed, so water drains *IN*, but doesn't drain *OUT* (drains in from the window lining, mostly). Then you open the door, and the seal is broken and the water flows out.

Happens to both of my rear doors.

dasilvarsa 10-01-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy (Post 3843129)
That has nothing to do with it.

The problem is the doors are sealed, so water drains *IN*, but doesn't drain *OUT* (drains in from the window lining, mostly). Then you open the door, and the seal is broken and the water flows out.

Happens to both of my rear doors.

Must be bad build quality on the US Built Cars,
I have a German built car and all I get is a small puddle on the door sills.
No buckets of water like you describe.