Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   street/track tires (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260638)

Blackhatch01 06-14-2011 01:57 PM

street/track tires

Im going to need some new rubber soon, and have been browsing tire rack. I looking for a set for the street with occasional autocross time. Would a 215 fit on my zx3 stockies? What tire do you recommend? I plan on adding coilovers and a rear disc swap in the near future.

DEMENTED SVTF 06-14-2011 02:15 PM

There alot of different "stockies". Need more specs.

Blackhatch01 06-14-2011 02:20 PM

16" . I belive thier 6.5" wide...there on my profile pic

wrc_fan 06-14-2011 03:12 PM

I wouldn't recommend bigger than 205 on the stock 16x6. I've had good luck this season on the hankook RS-3's.

tukaniSVT 06-14-2011 03:22 PM

^^ Yeah, I have those as well and they are great ... a bit slippery in the wet though.

So, to clarify ... you are looking for tires to use on the street and do occasional autoX.

Thinking that you are using the tires for daily driving and autoX ...
I actually like my S.Drives. I use S.Drives for Daily driving and have once (before picking up the Hankooks) used them for AutoX. And they were pretty good both wet and dry surfaces.

Also look into the BFGoodrich Sport ... several tires. And I have driven an SVT with BFGoodrich tires they also feel great on the road as a daily both in the wet and dry and pretty good for AutoX as well.

-Ray-

DEMENTED SVTF 06-14-2011 03:27 PM

I run the hankook RS-3 's for both and the falken azenis 615k's for both too. Great street even better when pushed.

Blackhatch01 06-14-2011 08:09 PM

The s drive was one of the sets i was looking at. The hankook and falkens have a real low tread wear rating....STICKY!![:)~]

DEMENTED SVTF 06-14-2011 09:17 PM

Surprisingly I have over 10k on my azenis. at least 3-5k on the rs3's with little wear but I haven't been hard on these ones.

eliaslincoln 06-15-2011 01:42 AM

i would say go with some BFgoodrich KDW 2's

i ran these the first year i autocross'd and used them for my daily. they are great street tires for driving and when they start to get hot they start to get real sticky which is great for autocross. But the best thing about them is they are by far the best tire i've ever used in the rain. they are epic when its really wet. another plus the tread pattern is super cool. and i got more miles out of these tires than any other tire I have used on my car.

other tires i can recommend, the rs 3's are good like stated. kumho xs's are nice. (i'm currently running them.) And the toyo proxes r1r (probably the best autocross tire for small cars.)

Blackhatch01 06-15-2011 07:02 PM

I definitly need wet performance, lots of puddles when it rains. Pot holes on and off the track are also a common problem.