Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   SCT x3 Tune errors! HELP! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259198)

LilDee 05-28-2011 12:51 AM

SCT x3 Tune errors! HELP!

SCT X3 Error Codes: 1039, 1009, 1016

I bought my pre-loaded SCT x3 flasher about a week ago and when I tried connecting it to the computer, it wouldn't connect even with drivers working and everything. I checked the versions of the firmware and tunes and stuff, all up to date. When I go to tune the car, it "uploads" a tune, after thats done, it says something about storage. After that, it says it's downloading the tune, then it downloads a tune? i then get the error code 1039 and says failed to tune and if i can't start the car then i have to return it to stock. After that message, i get the error code 1009 and it says that there is no tune changes written. When i go to return it to stock, it finishes but gives me an error 1016 and says program tune failed. It's only after the second try to put in the stock file that it works. Anybody experience this? can anybody help? SCT is closed for the memorial weekend and isn't open till tues.

1turbofocus 05-28-2011 07:59 AM

Contacting SCT is going to be your best bet

Tom

Blivit 05-28-2011 09:17 AM

The error is 1034 download failed, not 1039.

List the firmware and tune revision that is currently on your device as read from the device info screen on the device.

You have an SVT which has always been problematic flashing. Some vehicles are worse than others. Some never have a problem while others do.

S0C0nFused 05-28-2011 10:40 AM

I had a similar problem when I 1st got my xcal2. You might try this. Wet a qtip with isopropol(sp?) alcohol and gently clean the contacts on your tuner. Just a little bit to get any protectant off the contacts. Don't go nuts. A small eraser also works. Luck!

LilDee 05-28-2011 01:07 PM

Dang...thanks for the replies. I don't if I should try again because it usually fails the first time trying to bring it back to stock and what if I can't get it back to stock another time? Is it the car or the device?
Posted via FF Mobile

S0C0nFused 05-28-2011 01:27 PM

Well. Don't know. there is a coating on electrical connectors (usually) to prevent corrosion while there on the shelf. It is very light and is supposed to scrape off on insertion. Sometimes it doesn't quite scrape off well enough. That is what happened to me. Little alcohol cleans it right off though.

LilDee 06-01-2011 02:55 AM

**UPDATE**

I was able to connect the device to an older computer with a Windows XP operating system and turns out there are TWO drivers that are supposed to be installed. My laptop (which runs Windows 7) didn't have one. I called SCT and they told me that it somehow "glitched" and didn't install one of the drivers. I reinstalled everything and now it works. For those who have trouble connecting the device to their computer, the names of the drivers are SCT Driver V10.11 (or whatever the latest version is I assume) and X3PDEVICE (or whatever device you have, I assume). I got the car tuned with the pre-loaded strategy tune, but I'm not liking it, contemplating a custom tune. Thanks for the input everyone!

1turbofocus 06-01-2011 12:02 PM

A custom tune is always best , I never send out the scal with the pre loaded tunes always custom tuning and with FREE updates

Tom

LilDee 06-02-2011 06:21 AM

I've returned the car to stock, after trying to 20 times...and I'm not exaggerating. It kept failing and giving me a error code 1016. I'm really considering a custom tune but I'm having such a hard time with this device it's a bit daunting.

Blivit 06-02-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilDee (Post 3692292)
I've returned the car to stock, after trying to 20 times...and I'm not exaggerating. It kept failing and giving me a error code 1016. I'm really considering a custom tune but I'm having such a hard time with this device it's a bit daunting.

What firmware revision is currently on your device?