Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2012 Focus Overheating (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258543)

GlockGuy619 05-19-2011 09:19 PM

2012 Focus Overheating

Hey all... oddest thing happened just a few minutes ago while I was on my way to work. I drove about 40 miles on the freeway and had just exited and was waiting at a stop light. All of a sudden I get a message in my instrument panel saying that my car is overheating, and that I need to stop the vehicle when safe. I drove for about another 1/4 mile and pulled over as soon as I could. I popped my hood, and nothing was out of the ordinary, waited like 5 minutes, started the car back up and then the temp was normal again.

What the hell? What could this be? I will definitely be calling the dealership tomorrow!!

[?|]

iminhell 05-19-2011 09:29 PM

You have a warranty, use it.

IMO, giving you suggestions on what it could be only creates more headache for the service manager ... you thinking you know where they should look, the internet told me, etc. Also, if you tell them what you think it might be they may verywell overlook other things missing something.
So I offer no advice. Let the paid pro's deal with it.

GlockGuy619 05-19-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 3677194)
You have a warranty, use it.

IMO, giving you suggestions on what it could be only creates more headache for the service manager ... you thinking you know where they should look, the internet told me, etc. Also, if you tell them what you think it might be they may verywell overlook other things missing something.
So I offer no advice. Let the paid pro's deal with it.

Oh yea... they will deal with it... I am just wondering what it could be.

whynotthinkwhynot 05-19-2011 09:41 PM

Who knows, but if it wasn't spewing fluids- it's ok. Hell, you should've driven it like mad until the engine went boom pssssss all over the place then called Ford's 800 tow number that's in your owner's manual. I forget what it is, 1800TOWFORD I think. Check your OM. They will pick the car up for free if you don't want to damage it driving it.

whynotthinkwhynot 05-19-2011 09:42 PM

Probably a bad temp sensor.

Vexorg 05-20-2011 01:55 AM

If it didn't boil over, it's likely a false alarm... if it did, perhaps a thermostat.

fhh02a 05-20-2011 01:59 AM

see this is why I avoid brand new designs..

I know that the design has been used over in Europe. I know they tested it and all but still Im going to wait until the bugs are worked out

iminhell 05-20-2011 02:42 AM

Waited to see if my thought would pop up. Didn't.

Flappy thing in the grill ...

GlockGuy619 05-20-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 3677546)

My model does not have the grill flaps.

a_2000_se 05-20-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 3677546)

lol...

I'll bet it's from improper maintenance of the 'Grill Mechanism' per Deysha of FO-rd CU-stomer S-ervice.

Glock - driving down any remote dirt roads lately and not cleaning your grill ?

lol.