Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Blue candy metallic (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258277)

jeff2009 05-16-2011 08:12 PM

Blue candy metallic

I am thinking about placing an order for a "Blue Candy Metallic" focus. I am having trouble deciding on the color. Can anyone who has a blue candy focus tell me about your impression of the color. What pushed you toward purchasing the blue candy?

lrbr30022 05-16-2011 11:16 PM

I don't have it yet, but I ordered one in Blue Candy. I was undecided but then saw one on the lot and was blown away by the color. However, the other day I saw one and was not as blown away. I wondered and just read on another thread that Blue Candy is one of those colors that look different depending on the light. So that explains why it looked different to me. I am very happy I ordered that color. I can say in direct sunlight it is stunning! Overcast it is still nice.

Ohuigin 05-16-2011 11:25 PM

Hey guys,

Head on over to page 22 of this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...254412&page=22. Nightriderz posted a couple of pics of his.

They look really nice!

-B

jeff2009 05-16-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrbr30022 (Post 3673454)
I don't have it yet, but I ordered one in Blue Candy. I was undecided but then saw one on the lot and was blown away by the color. However, the other day I saw one and was not as blown away. I wondered and just read on another thread that Blue Candy is one of those colors that look different depending on the light. So that explains why it looked different to me. I am very happy I ordered that color. I can say in direct sunlight it is stunning! Overcast it is still nice.

That's exactly the how I feel! Sometimes I LOVE the color and other times I'm not very fond of it. Do you plan on tinting your windows? How do you think that would look?

lrbr30022 05-16-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff2009 (Post 3673467)
That's exactly the how I feel! Sometimes I LOVE the color and other times I'm not very fond of it. Do you plan on tinting your windows? How do you think that would look?

I think it would look really good. However, I have no plans to tint my windows. I rarely do anything after the fact to my car. That is why I buy it loaded [cool]

Indydi 05-17-2011 12:14 AM

Blue Candy is my favorite of all the colors offered. Nothing else even comes close. I like a color that stands out. I've seen all kinds of cars, pick-up trucks, etc. in colors similar to that and every single one of them looks great. Tinted windows would be cool too.

Bricc 05-17-2011 12:27 AM

I just saw a Blue Candy SE sedan today as I was stalking my dealers lot. Luckily the sun decided to show itself for a few minutes while I was there. All I can say is that it is a very BRIGHT blue, really sticks out in the sun.

IMHO, its a like it or leave it color. I can't say I'd buy one in that color. If I'd go blue it would probably be Kona, but if you're a person that likes bright blues you're gonna LOVE it!!

foundonroadalive 02-17-2013 08:11 AM

yesterday we bought a blue candy fiesta. it also has white leather with black trim. and polished aluminum wheels. truly stunning. i bought the fiesta cause it was a titanium.

eastern sierras 02-20-2013 11:51 AM

I looked at a sedan in that color, but wanted a hatchback. It was very pretty, however with me I know I would get tired of the color and would want to buy something different in a year. That would piss off my wife, since I go thru cars like drinking water. That is way I bought the Sterling Gray.

JayDeZ 02-20-2013 08:38 PM

Ive had more compliments on my Blue Candy hatch than all other cars I've owned combined. Everyone is always telling me they love the color. My favorite part about the color is how simple it is to find my car in a crowded parking lot.

Cars these days all come in the same boring color. Stand out a bit and get noticed.

I really want to buy an ST one day, but i wouldn't want it any color other than Blue Candy... and its not available on the ST!

Buy the Blue Candy, you wont regret it.