Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off" (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256903)

entity 04-29-2011 01:16 PM

Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off"

Hey everyone,

I placed an order for a 2012 Titanium with most options including Ford's remote start. After doing some searching, it turns out that new vehicles equipped with MyKey coupled with Ford's remote start has a "safety" feature which will turn off the engine when the door is opened after being started remotely.

What is everyones experience in disabling MyKey and programming the remote start to disable the open door shut off feature? I emailed my salesperson requesting him to find out more information and talk to the technicians but I haven't received a response yet.

I found out that some were successful in disabling this open door shut off feature in some 2011 Fusions and 2011 Edges and I'm hoping that it's the same for our 2012 Focuses.

Thanks all,

Mike

2012silversel 04-29-2011 01:52 PM

ChemicalWeather 04-29-2011 02:06 PM

I was actually wondering the same thing. I'd rather not put more wear on my starter more than needed and I've never heard of another remote start that works this way, any information would be appreciated by myself as well.

RyanV 04-29-2011 02:15 PM

Wow that would be annoying. It's bad enough on my 2010 with Ford remote start that it shuts off whenever i touch the brake or put the key in the ignition. Wish I could just remote start, get it, put the key inand go without having to restart everytime.

2012silversel 04-29-2011 02:53 PM

I tried to post a PDF from the Ford Focus Forum, Accessories & Modifications/Remote Start thread with instructions on how to change the settings to over ride the door open shut down function and the remote starter run time from 10 minutes to 15 minutes. I'm at work and that might be why I'm having problems, I'll try tonight from home.

Edit: Sorry, according to the Posting Rules I may not post attachments. It's too wordy to type out.

lightning2nd 04-29-2011 03:12 PM

welcome to the site

mysticbluebmw 04-29-2011 06:07 PM

IDK, would it really be that harmful to the starter to shut off more. I think I read somewhere that in other countries, some Focii has auto off/on at stoplights to save gas, and the only reason we don't get that is because Americans would think there is something wrong with the car when it did that since we weren't used to it. I think I also read it may be coming soon, since people are now more understanding of it with all the hybrids roaming around now.

Anyway, I like the idea of disabling the auto off, but I would definitely only remote start the car if it were in my driveway, and not in some mall parking lot or something.

2012silversel 04-29-2011 07:25 PM

MY-KEY OPTIONS
NON MY-KEY OPTIONS

When I try to copy paste the PDF from my documents folder, above is all that copies. I don't know why I can't post attachments, I asked the question in the FAQ thread but never quite got the answer I was looking for. Does anyone know why I can't post attachments.
You may not post attachments is what it reads at the bottom of the page in the Posting Rules box.

entity 04-29-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012silversel (Post 3653439)
MY-KEY OPTIONS
NON MY-KEY OPTIONS

When I try to copy paste the PDF from my documents folder, above is all that copies. I don't know why I can't post attachments, I asked the question in the FAQ thread but never quite got the answer I was looking for. Does anyone know why I can't post attachments.
You may not post attachments is what it reads at the bottom of the page in the Posting Rules box.

PM'd. Hopefully you can email me the PDF.

BabyDavid 05-20-2011 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012silversel (Post 3653191)
I tried to post a PDF from the Ford Focus Forum, Accessories & Modifications/Remote Start thread with instructions on how to change the settings to over ride the door open shut down function and the remote starter run time from 10 minutes to 15 minutes. I'm at work and that might be why I'm having problems, I'll try tonight from home.

Edit: Sorry, according to the Posting Rules I may not post attachments. It's too wordy to type out.

Hi 2012silversel and entity,
did you manage to find and exchange the required information? May I please have a copy too?
Thanks.