Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Yellow Settings? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256735)

jayel579 04-27-2011 03:51 PM

Yellow Settings?

With the massive sale going on with Koni I finally pulled the trigger and grabbed myself a set of Koni Yellows for my car. My next question for anyone running them on an SVT what are you base line settings? i.e. 1/2 off of full stiff... Stuff like that and for those settings, what tires are you on? R-comps? Street tires? I dont have them yet, but I will the weekend after they come in the mail and I cannot wait to take this car out for a couple autocross runs!

pkolator 04-29-2011 09:44 PM

Go full stiff and do fine tuning with tire pressure.

I'm running a regular ZX3 and have always had H&R races paired with them, but I think it would be very similar across all Foci models.

WUGcatsvt 04-30-2011 06:32 PM

Im running full stiff front, half in the back although I have the 25mm sway in the rear.
Im running star specs (street tire)

pkolator 04-30-2011 07:36 PM

I've got a 24mm rear bar now. When I was running Star Specs (man I loved those tires) and a 22mm rear bar, with full stiff all around, the car was very neutral, leaning towards oversteer. I was running about 2-6 lbs more pressure in the rear, depending on the course.

Autoxing_se 05-01-2011 09:37 PM

I would say it depends on the surface of the autocross. On very smooth courses I would run full stiff on the front and 3/4 stiff on the rear. On a courses with lots of seems and bumps I would run 1/2 to 3/4 stiff on the front and 1/2 stiff on the back. Concrete is a lot better than asphalt so increased stiffness as needed.

jayel579 05-03-2011 08:59 AM

Thank you for the tips guys. I dont think I will run them at full stiff, you still want some suspension compliance. I mean, I don't run them full stiff on my mustang when I run in. But I will definitely run the rears a stiffer then the fronts to get the car to rotate. I am still learning FWD autocross, it is a little different then when I run my mustang. I cant steer the rear wheels with my right foot, just seems to be the complete opposite of what I am accustomed to doing but I will figure it out.

Thank you again!

blueovaldave 05-03-2011 03:33 PM

Run the fronts at 1/2 and the rears at full stiff. When I run the rears are full stiff with SVT bar installed I get way better rotation than anything less. Street driving I have them set at 1/2 and 1/2

wrc_fan 05-03-2011 05:06 PM

^^ This is what I run, but with more RSB

BobOfTheFuture 05-14-2011 11:06 AM

Just picked up a set myself. Good timing!

GodLovesUgly 05-14-2011 09:09 PM

you will still get some compliance at full stiff, just flog it around more!
i was co-drove a mazda3 for a couple of runs today, he had customer valved koni yellows and they were outstanding, plus he was running a6's.