Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2010/2011 Focus Transmission Problems (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255336)

Autumnrenee1 04-10-2011 06:44 PM

2010/2011 Focus Transmission Problems

I just wanted to update everyone about a problem I asked about earlier. About a month ago I reported on this forum hearing a buzzing noise from my recently purchased 2011 ford focus. I brought it to Ford to get checked out, and yes there is a Transmission problem...the annoying part it, they said there is no "fix".

What am I supposed to do, know I bought a car with transmission problems and even though it's under warranty just wait? I'm feeling pretty screwed over. I bought this car because the transmission went in my old car, I can't do it in a new car too.

Anyway, they said that the complaint has been heard by other 2010 and 2011 focus owners, but still, no fix the dealership can do. [?|]

NickR 04-10-2011 08:53 PM

How do you know it's the transmission? Originally I was getting a buzzing noise from my 2011 Focus too- it ended up being that the Power Steering Fluid was a little low from the factory, so it was making a buzzing noise. Check that.

Autumnrenee1 04-11-2011 06:17 AM

Thanks I'll have them check that. As for the transmission this is where I was told the noise was coming from I was told at Ford.
This is exactly what happens. Okay say I'm at a red light, I'm stopped. Light turns green I go, between 15 and 30 mph I can hear zzzz, like a buzzing. It stops buzzing about after 30 mph.

jmcrides03 04-11-2011 06:37 AM

im not much for diagnosis so i cant tell you if that is your problem or not but if i was you id go in that dealership and wouldnt leave without my car getting fixed. my moms got an 06 fusion that does the same thing and the dealership said we could not replicate the conditions after having it for 3 days. i offered to go deal with the dealership for her but she said no so im gonna get her an xcal and see it that helps any

FordService 04-11-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnrenee1 (Post 3629456)
I just wanted to update everyone about a problem I asked about earlier. About a month ago I reported on this forum hearing a buzzing noise from my recently purchased 2011 ford focus. I brought it to Ford to get checked out, and yes there is a Transmission problem...the annoying part it, they said there is no "fix".

What am I supposed to do, know I bought a car with transmission problems and even though it's under warranty just wait? I'm feeling pretty screwed over. I bought this car because the transmission went in my old car, I can't do it in a new car too.

Anyway, they said that the complaint has been heard by other 2010 and 2011 focus owners, but still, no fix the dealership can do. [?|]

Hi Autumnrenee1,

My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. Id like to look into this further for you. Cold you private message me your dealer, contact info, mileage and VIN?

Deysha

bean499 04-11-2011 09:28 PM

i have heard these same sounds in my 09 focus and always thought it was the radio or fuel pump but it isnt. now going down hill my car shudders like it want to come out of gear. have had sooooooooo many issues with the car . this car is junk. only thing that is good is the 43 mpg

Autumnrenee1 04-11-2011 10:09 PM

Strange, hopefully you're still under warranty. I'm so annoyed- and embarrassed to have just boughten a new car and having problems already. My brother was looking at getting the same car, but I'm hesitant to recommend it. I'm just hoping ford actually comes out with a "fix".

Phokus 04-11-2011 10:18 PM

What does the buzzing sound like? Like plastic panels rattling or bees?
I get a buzz when the engine is cold and I drive around 1-20mph but it sounds like it's in the dash above the CD insert hole.

44k miles with just one B solenoid replaced with an "updated version" a while ago hope it holds up *knock on wood*

iminhell 04-11-2011 10:30 PM

Curious if any of you are familiar with the 'buzz' most newer Chrysler's make when slowing down?
If you are and that's the buzz you get, it's the line pressure of the transmission being lowered so the transition between shifts isn't jarring. It isn't anything wrong with the transmission. So it's basically a NVH issue.

WUGcatsvt 04-12-2011 12:24 AM

Did you contact FordCustomerService as asked? She could probably help you out