Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Gauging interests: Team Focalize website (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254258)

ChuckDee 03-28-2011 03:20 PM

Gauging interests: Team Focalize website

So a while ago, matt showed us a website layout, that would only costs us $79 to start up, which includes our own domain name as well. What i want to do is see if you guys are interested in having this:

http://www.pagelines.com/demos/stationpro/ (example)

as our website layout.

Go to the link and check it out
The "home" page will be home to updates and news about anything in general that's going on. Like info about meets, g2g's, events happening around the area. Once the ball gets rolling, i'll be sure to take my camera where ever so we can have pics of anything that goes on. Like for an example, there was an install g2g at matt's house, i'll take pics and type a little feature of what happened. The info will be in home page, which will link you to our news/blog page. There, you'll be able to see many coverage updates of events, meets/g2g's and features on member's rides.

we'll have at most five different sections in the website, we can use for a picture gallery, member's rides section, updated news on meets and g2g's and so on.

the ride of the month features will showcase one member's ride every month. EVERYONE'S rides will have it's own feature, we'll not choose it based on how many mods or how your car looks likes, just mainly a showcase of you and your ride. for every feature, we'll do a photoshoot for you and write up a feature on you and your ride.

What's the purpose for this site, why would we want it?
This will be a great way to get our Team off the ground with a website for everyone to view. With this, we can add more people to the group (even expand outside of houston into many areas) and gain more attention to our name for those who want to know who Team Focalize really is. If we want to be taken seriously in "the car scene" why not start off with this. We can stand apart from all the other teams that just create a catchy team name, add stickers and call it a day. If we would want to get sponsored one day, this is also another way to grab their attention, with a well-done website to showcase our team.

how much will i have to donate?

Donate whatever amount you can donate. Once we get the ball rolling, me and matt will setup a paypal account for people to add money to. I'll start the fund off with $20 and matt will also pitch in as well. remember it's only $79, so preferably you can donate $5 or $10, but whatever you can is fine. we're asking for you donation mainly because this is a website for ALL OF US. we would want the team to contribute together as a whole for this so it can help out on the cost for us getting the website started.

So what do y'al think? leave a comment (+ or -) in the thread and 'ill answer any questions you guys might have.

FocusFreak09 03-28-2011 03:24 PM

I think its a good idea but is it 79 for a year or how does that work? Ill donate some cash when i get paid. Another thing to think about is adding the site name to our sticker so when people see it they can check out tje site too.
Posted via FF Mobile

ChuckDee 03-28-2011 07:41 PM

^^good idea. and i think it's just $79 and that's it. no monthly or yearly plan IIRC...matt might chime in about that.

71shadow 03-28-2011 09:31 PM

i think its a great idea i mean everyone else has one soo y shouldnt we have one yes?

Focus0087 03-28-2011 11:09 PM

when were yall planning on launching the site

mdgonzo101 03-29-2011 12:02 AM

All websites have a yearly maintenance fee depending on what you purchase from the domain provider. This being said, I'll be more than happy to donate to this cause.

tukaniSVT 03-29-2011 12:14 AM

^^ Yup that is correct. If they are free, you get the fun ads that run on the site all day long.

Now ... My question is who will run this side of the crew?
I believe a person, who is reliable, on time and organized should keep any team together. And after hearing the crazy-ness of Import Reactor aside from the show itself having chaos, it doesn't seem like this "Crew" idea is being kept together well by anyone.

Though I am not a member per-say, I am trying to be supportive of the group idea. But it is hard to follow a group without leadership and without a clear understanding of the intended goals.

What's wrong with the main sites? Do you not get enough talk amongst each other here? Does having another site to go to help connect the team or does it begin to separate us?

These are a few questions that come to mind.

The whole idea of doing a member showcase page ... kinda isolates different members. Whether in a good or bad way falls onto that particular member.

Throwing together a site and a name doesn't take much time nor much thought, creating a well gathered group that can keep moving does. I have seen many groups form over the years as a member and none of them are here today because of lack of leadership and organization.

Where I stand, I will remain a side onlooker and support, but unfortunately, I will not be promoting the team name on my ride.

-Ray-

FocusFreak09 03-29-2011 12:27 AM

I agree with u ray. I have been in "crews" and none have worked out and i dont want to be in another one thay may fall apart later which means in order for us to be a team and stay together everyone has to be dedicated to it and everyone has to be equal and not one person get the spotlight cuz of this and that or w/e. At the point we are at now i see us more as a crew for car shows and car meets and also just a bunch of friends that hang out and have sum fun but not fully a team yet which is why the website is being mentioned
Posted via FF Mobile

Matsuo 03-29-2011 04:07 AM

The theme is $79 one time I believe. The site, could be used for information/updates for the team.

Like chuck said we could have the member write up section. We wouldn't put anyone before anyone else because "Their car is better. Yes, it will be done one at a time, but more than likely no particular order. As long as noone gets butthurt that so-and-so was put up before them then there shouldn't be a problem. We won't be able to do a write up for everyone at once... I mean we could... but I'll ultimately leave that up to chuck if he wants to spend a week writing/taking pictures.

Also, the site would be used to show what we do at meets and a place to store our pictures. I know my photobucket account, just from the IR pictures alone, almost used up my 10gb of bandwidth. The hosting account that I have right now for the site is good, it only costs me $7.60 a month with my employee discount which noone else has to pay for because It's primarily for my personal site, so as far as hosting goes, we're good.

The Paypal Idea is a great idea because if we all put in $5 or so a month then when it comes down to getting people on the team into shows, we can dig from that. That way noone can be like "Oh I don't have the money". We could also use it to help people with minor repairs and stuff needed on their cars... MINOR being like.. "Oh crap i need a new tie rod" or in chucks case "I'm just going to let my rotor get so bad it splits in 2" stuff like that. Of course, nothing would be withdrawn without a majority vote since it will be all of ours and not just a single person. That's just an idea tho.

Back to the website Idea though, the plan I have is unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth so we don't have to worry about either one of those. As long as 500000000 people arent trying to view our site then we'll be fine since the only reason HG suspends sites is for resource usage and I've already taken the measures to try and prevent that with caching plugins and such. We don't have to use the site as another discussion place. We have FF and FJ for that, if we get larger some how (Which tbh would be cool.. but me personally, I'm not going to do a bunch of stuff 'in preparation' for it) then ya we could tack on some forums, but until then, the site will just be a "Here we are, this is what we do, this is what we're doing, have fun reading abt the members and looking at pictures" type of thing.

http://test.pagelines.com/focalize/

Matsuo 03-29-2011 04:58 PM

guess my wall of text scared everyone off =(