Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Anyone with a wideband? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251981)

BowerR64 03-01-2011 05:01 PM

Anyone with a wideband?

When i did the thunder throttle mod i had to use my LCD display to set my idle. When you turn it on you cycle threw different pages till you get to the tach. display.

Has anyone with a wideband cycled threw the LCD on their dash to see if there is anything that shows up?

I remember there was some readings the dash display posted that we didnt know what they were for.

Sorry if this is a dumb post like all my others. [facepalm]

tjboston5676 03-02-2011 01:26 AM

i dont get what you are asking for. what does the wideband have to do with the lcd?

BowerR64 03-02-2011 02:29 PM

There is a mode on the LCD odometer if you hold the trip reset button in before you start the car you can cycle threw different display modes. RPM, coolant temp, KM, etc.

There is a how-to posted how to do it. The post has a list of different things the LCD will display but there are a few modes that we are not sure what they are.

I wondered if some one with a wideband could cycle threw the display modes to see if any match or fallow the wideband?

Maybe not, i thought ide ask though.

The display had somthing like 20 different pages that showed different things the car was monitoring and would display but like i said there was a few things that was posted as "unknown" or somthing

Mike_Mac 03-02-2011 02:41 PM

stock o2's are narrow band not wideband. why do you want to check your A/F

BowerR64 03-02-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_Mac (Post 3577801)
stock o2's are narrow band not wideband. why do you want to check your A/F

I cant check it without a wideband right? The sensor is even different i think?

If it doesnt say anything useful, i was just wondering.

BC_ZX3 03-02-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowerR64 (Post 3576554)
Has anyone with a wideband cycled threw the LCD on their dash to see if there is anything that shows up?

I remember there was some readings the dash display posted that we didnt know what they were for.

Sorry if this is a dumb post like all my others. [facepalm]

It's not a dumb question. It would be nice if it was that easy.

AFAIK, there is no LCD readout in the scrollable odometer display that corresponds to any kind of A/F reading or voltage that could be used to compare with a separate gauge. The "odometer" diagnostic function gives data that pertains mainly to instrument cluster readings/sensors.

It is missing the key ingredient which is the wideband sensor in the exhaust flow - an O2 sensor won't do - which generates the voltage read by any gauge.

BowerR64 03-02-2011 05:28 PM

Does the LCD read anything from any of the o2 sensors?

If its changed to the wideband sensor would it do anything?

Thought it might be good to have more then one reading

Mike_Mac 03-02-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowerR64 (Post 3577818)
I cant check it without a wideband right? The sensor is even different i think?

If it doesnt say anything useful, i was just wondering.

if you have a scanner you can watch the voltages bounce up and down. the stock ones pretty much have a Rich, Stoich , lean. but as for knowing the exact A/F no.

BowerR64 03-02-2011 10:23 PM

What if i install the wideband first? will the engine run?

It with throw a cel right?

I thought it would be cool to see the numbers before and after the tune if it will run. Maybe stock, then with the CAI, then with the tune.

What is the order they have to be installed?

PumkinSvt 03-02-2011 10:24 PM

You will be fine

Sent from my PC36100 using FF Mobile