Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   header and tune (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251772)

aTm Beaner 02-27-2011 01:11 AM

header and tune

hey guys! [cheers]

so I've been running my car with a header and a tune for about a year now, and it's going to be vehicle inspection time pretty soon. i have a tune that disables my o2 sensor and EGR. am i going to be able to pass the OBDII port testing? will the computer put up a "not ready" code because i have them turned off. i don't have any CEL on as well. if you are running a header, or are on a tune, that disables these settings, please chime in. thanks!

[ffrocks]

sleepyboy 02-27-2011 01:25 AM

I just had my inspection done and I passed with my tune installed. Since I did pass with NO problems and my EGR tube was cracked I just deleted all together. Worst case scenario is it won't pass. You just have to reinstall your stock tune, and try again. If you do fail reinstall your stock tune and get a MIL eliminator to get rid of the no cat check engine light. I used to do that before I found out that I could pass with my tune. If yo have any more questions don't be afraid to ask me, I'm sure I've been through it already.

jmiller_1974 02-27-2011 02:23 AM

IIRC, You can get 2 fails(NR) and still pass in Travis County. Otherwise, I have no idea, sorry I can't help more.

aTm Beaner 02-27-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyboy (Post 3573503)
I just had my inspection done and I passed with my tune installed. Since I did pass with NO problems and my EGR tube was cracked I just deleted all together. Worst case scenario is it won't pass. You just have to reinstall your stock tune, and try again. If you do fail reinstall your stock tune and get a MIL eliminator to get rid of the no cat check engine light. I used to do that before I found out that I could pass with my tune. If yo have any more questions don't be afraid to ask me, I'm sure I've been through it already.

so they hooked you up to the OBD port, and you managed to pass? Harris County has emissions testing too, right?

aTm Beaner 02-27-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

For vehicles year model 2001 and newer, we allow one (1) non-continuous monitor to be Not Ready and still pass the test, but two (2) or more Not Ready's will cause the vehicle to fail.

For vehicles year model 1996 2000, we allow two (2) non-continuous monitors to be Not Ready and still pass the test, but three (3) or more Not Ready's will cause the vehicle to fail.
here's some useful info. i guess i'm going to have to get a new tune that only turns off the o2 sensor.

VenomRogue 02-27-2011 11:18 AM

correct, 2 not readys and you fail.

get a MIL cheater and turn your O2 back on.

aTm Beaner 02-27-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomRogue (Post 3573736)
correct, 2 not readys and you fail.

get a MIL cheater and turn your O2 back on.

Or I can just enable the EGR again, and keep the o2 sensor loff. Would that work?

Deaner 02-27-2011 01:53 PM

edit nvm.

sleepyboy 02-27-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aTm [:)
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)];3573681]so they hooked you up to the OBD port, and you managed to pass? Harris County has emissions testing too, right?

Yup, just plugged into the OBD port. In my tune I have pretty much everything turned off that's not needed. Rear O2, EGR, all related EGR stuff, etc. I imagine Fort Bend is the same has Harris but I can't be for sure on that.

VenomRogue 02-27-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aTm [:)
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)];3573781]Or I can just enable the EGR again, and keep the o2 sensor loff. Would that work?

does your race header have a provision for the EGR or is it blocked off?

if it does, then yes, do that, if not, your stuck with the 02 route.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyboy (Post 3573939)
Yup, just plugged into the OBD port. In my tune I have pretty much everything turned off that's not needed. Rear O2, EGR, all related EGR stuff, etc. I imagine Fort Bend is the same has Harris but I can't be for sure on that.

and remember, they recently changed the law to 2 not readys. Im in the same boat, i passed no problem last year, but this year I would fail.

freeking bullshit.