Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Young Punks ! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2515)

viney266 10-30-2003 12:10 PM

Young Punks !

For those of you who don't know me, I drive a 03 ztw wagon with a nitrous kit on it. Had a great race last night.
I'm coming home from grocery shopping with my two kids in the back and I stop kinda quick for a yellow light..right as a come to a stop a fart piped honda civic pulls up next to me and there is like 4 kids in the car and they are yelling back to their friends in the car behind them, fart pipe, lots of kids i the back for weight, and then my daughter, God love her ( she's seven) says " are you gonna race him dad?". Now we are talking 9:45 at night, zero traficc and a clear safe piece of road ahead..so on goes the bottle and I give this guy the typical throttle rev.. and he looks over and does the same...to make a long story short, My launch sucked , dead even through first and by second I'm into the nitrous and we shut off at about 60-70 mph and I had him by about 2 car lengths, not a killing , but bad enough.
Here's the funny part, next red light he pulls up next to me, I figure he's gonna go again, still open road and no traffic, he rolls up next to me and yells "a-hole", and his friends behind him in the neon are tearing him a new one out of the open windows.. It was funny as crap...He was actually pissed that he got beat by a wagon and a 37 year old guy, the beard is getting gray.... man that was so much fun, made the nitrous install worth it..very safe good clean American fun..

hotfocus 10-30-2003 12:12 PM

Re: Young Punks !

Quote:

then my daughter, God love her ( she's seven) says " are you gonna race him dad?".
hehe..nice kill[thumb] , your daughter rocks!

Chick 10-30-2003 12:13 PM

[hihi] That was great! Way to go viney![thumb]
Too bad I never have that kinda fun around here.

pio 10-30-2003 12:50 PM

man...
your daughter is all wisdom !!!

Fabster82 10-31-2003 02:11 PM

congrats on the race viney. i see your daughter likes to race too. gotta love nitrous

vanace 10-31-2003 10:52 PM

WTG... all the more reason to make a wagon fast lol. I did the same with a 1977 baby blue pinto wagon with wood sides... put an offy 4bbl intake and holley 390 4bbl carb and a header and a ford motorsport cam. I could blow away V-6 comaros all day.. and boy did that piss them off!! Good job Viney!

fokuzsport 11-02-2003 01:46 PM

HHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHH

VINEY YOU ROCK MAN!

fokuzsport 11-02-2003 01:48 PM

but viney... i hope you never race again with your kids in the car.... that just hit me hard..

Solaris 11-02-2003 02:26 PM

ya me to that wasn't to cool

vanace 11-02-2003 02:38 PM

hey!! my best memories was riding shotgun when I was 6 yrs old in dads 428 CJ torino!! now that was a fast car! and I didn't get hurt! No seat belt either. he would wup on road runners and chevelles.