Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   SCCA Solo (Autox) Rules for 2011 (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249923)

wrc_fan 02-04-2011 08:50 AM

SCCA Solo (Autox) Rules for 2011

The 2011 rules are released, Link below:

2011 Cars and Rules SCCA page

Also, here's a quick guide for SCCA classing. Regardless of what you've done to your car, the focus will only fall into the classes listed below. I've added a few details that should give you a good place to start, then check out the rule to confirm your mods fit the class. You can always PM me if you have a specific classing question, or start a quick thread, I'm glad to help out.

Stock class, like it sounds, almost no mods. The top guys will run R-comps and pricey dampers though.
2000-2011 Focus, all (Including SVT) H stock

Street touring, basic bolt ons: springs, dampers, air intakes, exhausts, etc. Tires must be >140 treadwear rating.
2000-2011 Focus, all (Including SVT) ST
2000-2011 Focus, all (Including SVT) STX if you've added an aftermarket Limited Slip Differential (LSD), providing modifications meet STX rules

Street Prepared, ST mods plus, add throttle body, intake manifolds, no emissions equipment, etc., and no wheel size restriction.
2002-2004 SVT focus, DSP
2000-2011 Focus (all others), FSP

Street Modified, if you added a turbo/supercharger, you're here. As long as you don't remove any interior beyond the rear seats/belts, this is as high as you'll go. Check out the rules.
2000-2011 Focus, SMF (note this class is supplimental, cars could revert back to SM)

Prepared, how fast you go is directly proportional to the size of your bank account. Not many restrictions here. Check out the rules.
2000-2011 Focus, EP

Modified:
You must be lost or have way to much money, read the rule book before coming out :D

If I made any errors in the above let me know too, now get out and race![cheers]

tukaniSVT 02-04-2011 09:27 AM

Nice new list ... is it different from the older rules and classes?

-Ray-

ThatOneFocusGuy 02-04-2011 09:27 AM

Great info!

hypnoticracing 02-04-2011 09:45 AM

one question, if i run the svt motor in my normally zetec car does that bump me to modified or do i stay in EP

what are the engine swap rules for Prepared?

wrc_fan 02-04-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnoticracing (Post 3545237)
one question, if i run the svt motor in my normally zetec car does that bump me to modified or do i stay in EP

what are the engine swap rules for Prepared?

First off I'll state that I'm not familiar with prepared or modified rules, but it does look like there is allowance for update back date in prepared, and all foci are on the same line in Appendix A.

1. Equipment and/or specifications may be exchanged between different
years and models of a vehicle if
(a) the item is standard on the year/model from which it was taken,
and
(b) the years/models are listed on the same line of Appendix A
(Prepared Classes). The updated/backdated part or the part
to which it is to be attached may not be altered, modified, machined
or otherwise changed to facilitate the updating/backdating
allowance unless the modification is specifically allowed by
these rules. ...

So update/backdate is allowed, engine mods are pretty open, I think someone would be hard pressed to protest that switch, especially if engine mounts are free. No reason that I would send you up to modified. Those people are crazy anyway[giddy]

GodLovesUgly 02-04-2011 11:20 AM

around here if you did the motor swap we would let you run DSP. but for national events you'd probably catch some guff.

i love this,
"Modified:
You must be lost or have way to much money, read the rule book before coming out "

Rules? what rules? haha.
i love what they've done and will be doing to SMF. i hope it stays around, and i believe the consensus is that it will stay.

hypnoticracing 02-04-2011 12:37 PM

I am already in EP for the mods done to my car, carbon fiber pieces, lsd, spherical bushings, shaved head etc...

so at least i wont be moving much...

we are building a car for midified, might not see a ton of track time but will be an excellent toy for local meets...

v6 awd turbo 01 focus hatch :)

wrc_fan 02-04-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnoticracing (Post 3545384)
I am already in EP for the mods done to my car, carbon fiber pieces, lsd, spherical bushings, shaved head etc...

so at least i wont be moving much...

we are building a car for midified, might not see a ton of track time but will be an excellent toy for local meets...

v6 awd turbo 01 focus hatch :)

Sounds like a cool build, and with awd you'd go to modified. I don't have anything against the prepared and mod guys, everyone knows they have a few screws loose, and they'll often admit it too[screwy]

I hope the list in the OP helps newbies to class their cars, as it limits where they have to go look to get the details on what class they're in.

If you already gots spherical bearings on your suspension bits, its likely you know where you belong[thumb]

pkolator 02-05-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrc_fan (Post 3545197)
Street Modified, if you added a turbo/supercharger, you're here. As long as you don't remove your interior this is as high as you'll go. Check out the rules.
2000-2011 Focus, SMF (note this class is supplimental, cars could revert back to SM)

SM/F allows for removal of rear seats as well as rear seat belts.

wrc_fan 02-05-2011 10:10 PM

Thanks! Corrected up top, forgot the rear seat part, my intention was to point it out for future racers who may be ready to start gutting everything.