Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   A little motivation for those struggleing.... (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249096)

03OrangeSVT 01-24-2011 07:04 PM

A little motivation for those struggleing....

A couple of months ago I sat down and took a long look at myself and I didnt like what I saw.... actually I thought "Shit I'm fat and I need to loose weight"

So I started cutting back on portion size and kept on lifting and I managed to pull 40 pounds off in about 2-2.5 months..... then the holidays hit and I managed to keep my weight down without gaining any back....but it took alot of will power not to pig out.

Well I started to diet again and I just couldnt pull any weight off so I had to rethink my diet. I decided to go with the Atkins diet (which is a very popular diet) and it definitly works. I've pulled another 18 pounds off since Jan 3rd.

So... thats a 58 pound loss..... I've went from 340 to 282 and pulled 10.5 inches off of my waist.

To top it off I'm also 41 years old so I dont have the luxury that high metabolism that younger people have...... I wish I did.

If I can do it ANYONE can do it.

So GOOD LUCK with your diets!!!!

hellokittycrunkk 01-24-2011 07:15 PM

Congratulations! I love to see people accomplish their goals!

Now for me to lose the college weight, ha.

tukaniSVT 01-25-2011 09:15 AM

Those are some great results.

Im doing much of a diet, more as a get back into Fitness and shape is what I am up too.

I feel I am starting to huff and puff after a quick job down my street ... not a good feeling.

-Ray-

MacAttack 01-25-2011 09:27 AM

Congrats!
After my senior year of college I noticed where I once had a 6 pack, I was now starting to get a beer belly.
Well my fast metabolism is a godsend. 2 days of fasting for a procedure = 10lbs gone, and proper diet = another 10 lbs. I lost 20 lbs in about a month, and haven't gained it back. Still looking to tone more, but that's something that takes time.

I had it easy because of that fast metabolism, and it was still a bit difficult. So, congrats, that's a huge accomplishment. Keep up the good work, and good luck!

eazyrider_tim 01-25-2011 09:32 AM

I am struggling to gain mass. Creatine helps a ton, but its not permanent....it just gets you to the next plateau.

03OrangeSVT 01-25-2011 01:30 PM

gaining mass is easy.... maybe you should start your own thread and we'll help you out with some tips.

Duffman355 01-25-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT (Post 3532877)
To top it off I'm also 41 years old so I dont have the luxury that high metabolism that younger people have...... I wish I did.

That's where I'm lucky. I lift 4 days a week, and then party/pig out on the weekends. I am not losing weight, but I am getting stronger, and getting smaller, which is what I care about. I can only imagine how my work outs would go if I didn't spend my weekends in hedonism.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT (Post 3533801)
gaining mass is easy.... maybe you should start your own thread and we'll help you out with some tips.

agreed. Anybody who says they can't get bigger is kidding themselves.

Sorry, I just discovered this area of t he forum, so expect me to be bumping threads here

eazyrider_tim 01-26-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

agreed. Anybody who says they can't get bigger is kidding themselves.
Not really, everyone's metabolism is different. I think I will take the advice to start my own thread as this is opposite of the topic here.

chatterbox 01-28-2011 02:59 PM

Those are some awesome results!! And I am super glad they opened this part up!

I myself have been on the weight loss track since the fall of '08 when I was diagnosed with diabetes. I wasn't morbidly obese, but I had a bit of extra to love lol. I started with the portion control and obviously cutting out the extra junk and daily walks. Then once I got my eating habits somewhat under better control (for example, eating breakfast every day) I started working out more. The weight basically flew off.

Right now I keep bouncing around between 150-155, but would like to get down to 145-150 range if at all possible. Working out is a little harder now because I had to get rid of the gym membership, but I have a Wii lol, and I walk everywhere I can.

03OrangeSVT 02-28-2011 02:30 PM

Well I've slowly managed to get my weight down to 275 finally... I'd been stuck for a few weeks.

To help myself along I just ordered a Golds Gym Elliptical machine that should be here around thursday... so that should help stimulate some mmore weight loss... plus its getting warm enough to use my weights again (out in my garage).