Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Would people be interested in ? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248681)

1turbofocus 01-19-2011 11:08 AM

Would people be interested in ?

what things should be datalogged and what each item should show if its working properly

Something like

stft1 : This should be between 1.250 max rich and .750 max lean the target is 1.000 stoich 14.7 A/F. You will never see 1.000 (unless you just started your car OR you have failed closed loop and you are now in open loop read below ) as the ECU cannot hold the A/F at 1.000/14.7 so you should be seeing roughly between 1.100 and .900 always switching . On the graph the stft1 should look like a castle top and I would post a picture of a proper working stft1

Failed closed loop (enters open loop) is when either your above 1.250 max rich or below .750max lean , the o2 sensor has failed , fuse for the o2 sensor has blown

I would do 15 to 20 of the PID that are most common used then add more as requested

I see all the time people with issues that have spent more then what a xcal would cost to find the problem , The Predator and xcal3 is much more then a tool to load tunes it can scan and datalog and is a very powerful tool and in my opinion a must for every car guy

Tom

Jgrove998 01-19-2011 11:46 AM

That'd be great Tom! There are a ton of PIDs and knowing which ones you look at and what the values should be is great information. I know I'd use it!

CarDemon 01-19-2011 09:40 PM

Absolutely! That would be a great help.

FocusRacingAustrali 01-22-2011 06:02 AM

I'm still learning all this stuff so thanks for your tech talk.[wrenchin]
Tom's tech talk only on FF...LOL

I thought only a sciencetist could only read those Squiggle line and numbers.
Being a sciencetist and a engine builder/tuner has 1 thing in commen, it all comes down to Number's.

I can see it now Tom in a white lab coat driving a blue Focus[driving], wouldn't that be a kodak moment...TeeHee

Rob

YellowJellyBean 01-23-2011 01:19 PM

Yes, that would be very helpful. Also, is there a sticky or something that has all the PIDs we're supposed to log when we're datalogging the car with a wideband for you to fine-tune our tune?

1turbofocus 01-23-2011 07:25 PM

I was also going to do a downloadable list to datalog

There doesnt seem to be a lot of intrest in this tho

Tom

mikebontoft 01-23-2011 07:30 PM

hell I'm interested too.... I don't know what they mean but I know you can spot a problem if you know what to look for.

SVTRSST 01-23-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jgrove998 (Post 3527023)
That'd be great Tom! There are a ton of PIDs and knowing which ones you look at and what the values should be is great information. I know I'd use it!

+1, now that ive been dealin with logs id like to know what some numbers mean, accordin to tom i got a problem with my stft1 numbers but i didnt know why because i couldnt relate the info to anything

HyBalz 01-23-2011 08:08 PM

Yes, absolutely! Now I'll buy a tuner!

focusmaniaczx3 01-23-2011 08:39 PM

well tom this is the exact problem im dealing with right now. in trying to deal with some issues i was having i replaced the o2 sensor thinking that was the problem and it didnt help at all. the problem ended up being a bad coil pack. well after i got the coil pack replaced i noticed that with the new o2 the wideband would read extremely rich at part throttle and idle sometimes. it would read as low as 11 to the rich side. however the car still sounded like it was running fine. my only clue to the issue was the wideband gauge. so i put the old o2 sensor back in today and have yet to see it go to the rich side during part throttle or idle however NOW the car will max out the wideband gauge to the lean side and start idling poorly after sitting and idling for a few minutes without being touched. im going to check fuses in the morning i guess.

so yes i would be interested.
and im going to need a re-tune soon too tom. ive tweaked a few things and my A/F radio at WOT has been thrown off a bit. [hihi] ill shoot you an e-mail when im ready to go