Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   class question (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248241)

yosh02svt 01-12-2011 08:43 PM

class question

ok so last year i was running h-stock... this year i have a cold air intake and a strut tower bar and possibly... r-comps...

wat class am i st or sts

SVTF410 01-12-2011 09:00 PM

with r-comps neither, with everything but the r-comps it would be ST but r-comps throw you into a much higher class like SM. ST allows you to use tires with a tread wear minimum of 140 if i remember right.

GodLovesUgly 01-12-2011 09:02 PM

R-comps would put you in SMF w/ the cold air. now if you took the cold air off and added R-comps, you would still be in Hstock.

now if you don't add the r-comps, you would be in ST. i don't think STS exist anymore. at least not locally for me. they now have ST STX STU and STR

tukaniSVT 01-13-2011 12:01 AM

^^ Right ... I believe those are the classes across the board now. Our local classes have been changed to those this year as well.

And yup, those R-comps who definitely put you in a higher class. I didn't know that the CAI changed your class though ... I thought the CAI was still okay in the ST class.

-Ray-

wrc_fan 01-13-2011 07:37 AM

Stand by for clarification, though the 2011 rules are not out yet, and there are pending changes for the Street Touring classes (ST*)

-CAI and Strut bar will put you into ST (should still be the case even with the re-org looming)
-CAI + Strut bar + DOT Rcomps will put you into DSP
-Remove CAI and strut bar, but add R-comps and you can still run H Stock

Disclaimer on the above line, to run H Stock, you must run 17x7 wheels with an offset that is within 1/4" of the stock SVT wheel offset.

I'm not sure on both your level of competition, and your goals for your autox season. Basically, how competitive do you want to be?

Some additional, unsolicited information:
-The SVT will be very competitive in H stock, especially at the local level
-The SVT will have a hard time keeping up in DSP, against fully prepped cars
-The SVT can do well at a local level in ST

wrc_fan 01-13-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodLovesUgly (Post 3519819)

now if you don't add the r-comps, you would be in ST. i don't think STS exist anymore. at least not locally for me. they now have ST STX STU and STR

STS still exists, it is a class of old miatas and CRXs for the most part.

tukaniSVT 01-13-2011 09:19 AM

Hmm ... thanks for the info.

I have a SRI and the struts(plus some other bits), but that's cool to know. Our H-Stock here has the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris and Non-Turbo Miatas.

-Ray-

yosh02svt 01-13-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrc_fan (Post 3520161)
Stand by for clarification, though the 2011 rules are not out yet, and there are pending changes for the Street Touring classes (ST*)

-CAI and Strut bar will put you into ST (should still be the case even with the re-org looming)
-CAI + Strut bar + DOT Rcomps will put you into DSP
-Remove CAI and strut bar, but add R-comps and you can still run H Stock

Disclaimer on the above line, to run H Stock, you must run 17x7 wheels with an offset that is within 1/4" of the stock SVT wheel offset.

I'm not sure on both your level of competition, and your goals for your autox season. Basically, how competitive do you want to be?

Some additional, unsolicited information:
-The SVT will be very competitive in H stock, especially at the local level
-The SVT will have a hard time keeping up in DSP, against fully prepped cars
-The SVT can do well at a local level in ST

ok thanks for this info... and i plan on being pretty competitive...

GodLovesUgly 01-14-2011 10:27 AM

STS doesn't exist for our region, and I don't think I saw it at the pro solo we hosted.
All the "modded" miatas in our region had to go to STR. Those that added a turbo/supercharger had to go to SSM. Maybe our rules differ, I guess that's the great thing about autocross!

If you want to truly be competitive, stick to h-stock. IMHO

wrc_fan 01-14-2011 12:43 PM

Yeah STS is not well subscribed, could be your region bumped cars, etc. A lot of early miata guys go to CSP, or back to ES (or CS depending on the year). CRX's become rarer each year too.