Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ZX3 rear hatch question (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2466)

JoeZX3 10-29-2003 08:34 AM

ZX3 rear hatch question

Here is the little story before the question:

It is raining like crazy in NJ this morning. I had something in the trunk that I needed to throw out this morning, so I drive up to the dumpster near my apartment, open the hatch, and all of a sudden a shooting stream of water come shooting continuously out of the latch when the hatch was raised.

My car basically pissed on me this morning in the rain. Is there some sort of drainage line that ends right by the latch? Just curious.

Joe

sydneyzetec 10-29-2003 08:42 AM

I just think your focus didn't appreciate being parked near a dumpster. She's more sexy and worthwhile than that!!!!! Trying to tell you to buy a Civic to cart garbage!!!! It's a garbage cart already...

in response though, to the best of my knowledge, the only liquid that travels deliberately into the hatch is the rear washer fluid piped to just above the brake light. It shouldn't have come out the latch. Just check your rear washer to see if it still works then open the hatch to see it it pisses on you again. Otherwise my guess is a possible leak somewhere in the lower half of the trunk, such as just below the rear glass or in the licence plate screw holes.

JoeZX3 10-29-2003 08:55 AM

The car wasn't parked near the dumpster, I drove it to the dumpster to throw something out.

sydneyzetec 10-29-2003 08:58 AM

just edited... check second half

JoeZX3 10-29-2003 09:03 AM

I'll check it tomorrow when it stops raining.

Also, if it is leaking, is this a warrenty fix?

sydneyzetec 10-29-2003 08:46 PM

i guess so. Any deviation from what the manufacturer designed the car to do is therefore covered by warranty *with exceptions that i won't cover* however if you have a leaky washer hose then by all means get it checked out. Sounds like it's a case of once pissed on, twice checked, third time fixed. Doesn't sound serious unless it keeps happening.

Cheers,
Matt

avengerc4 10-30-2003 12:01 AM

why the hell is spiderman dancing like a fairy?
anyways back on topic....u'r car just needed to take a leak...its like a new baby it'll piss when u change the diaper ;) no I dunno actually that really shouldn't have happened to the best of my knowledge..never had my car piss on me :)

bfocused 10-30-2003 02:06 AM

I would check the rubber grommet at the top of the liftgate. This is where the wiring harness for the wiper motor and electric de-fogger pass through the deck. Sometimes this gets unseated when drying or wiping that area. Worth a look.
And your warranty covers the car "bumer to bumper" for 3 yrs or 36k. With the exception of "wear" items, re: wiper blades, clutch disk, and brakes.
Hope this helps.
bfocused

sydneyzetec 10-30-2003 06:10 AM

it's gay spiderman... i thought it was funny anyway... :)