Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Military Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   your dream MOS and what you actually got (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245715)

strung 12-04-2010 04:09 PM

your dream MOS and what you actually got

lets hear it soilders, and possible recruits contemplating enlisting..my MOS (military occupational specialty..or your job) was a 88M (truck driver)..i hauled 155 mm shells to our self propelled howitzers using a hemmet!..one bad ass machine...anyway, my dream MOS would have to be a pilot for a supercobra.

blackoutSVT 12-06-2010 09:59 AM

i was a 15T UH-60 repair crew cheif. i loved my job. if i had my choice i would probably do the same or if i could get in the navy i would want to be part of that pirate hunting team.

jmiller_1974 12-06-2010 10:39 AM

LOL, You would've been My Boss! 15Y here, and as You said, I would do it all over again the same way. I have always been fascinated by aircraft(especially rotary aircraft avionics and weapons systems) so playing with these puppies was a tru e joy in life for Me.

Rudel 12-06-2010 03:24 PM

Marines:
1st enlisted, 2844 - Radio Maintenance - $5000
2nd enlistment, 2834 - SatCom Maintenance - $40,000
3rd enlistment, 2 months to go

Onlyford4me 12-10-2010 02:42 AM

<----Air Force, but don't hold that against me. My dream "AFSC" was Fuels, and I got Fuels. I wanted the shortest tech school with the biggest, fattest bonus that let me start school as soon as I could. Well, after all was said and done while was on active duty, I finished all of about 6 courses because I was gone so much. I actually loved my job. It'll be time to finally get out (of the Reserves this time) in a few months. I actually loved my job though. I got to go to a couple different schools for my specialties and deploy a few times (which I loved).

goinloco1 12-10-2010 08:38 PM

which one...lol
52d power gen repair
63b lt whl veh repair
89b ammo sgt
LMTS instructor (laser marksmanship)
warrior task instructor (yes there is a school for this. make the outdoors your classroom)
safety NCO (imagine that... an e5 that can do an e6's job)
facilities manager
key god
and babysitter...
gen repair by far the best. no matter how big of a billy badass someone thought they were, they'd always come crawling when the power went down.

Djzx3 12-11-2010 06:29 PM

Almost went in to marines, for my options I put,> 1st option: sniper, 2nd option: infantry, 3rd option: I can't remember? But I would have loved it if I got sniper. And yes I know what the rule is in that line of work. I.E what happens if you get caught.

Correction what most likely will happen to me if caught.

I still might if I can not find a job around here. They are very few jobs in ct that are good paying on just a High school diploma.

BlueFlik 09-14-2012 05:19 PM

1st choice was Infantry, 2nd was Armour (Canadian Forces/Officer)
Got Armour and glad I did
Edit: Just realized how old this thread was haha

gaspricessuc 10-09-2012 08:30 PM

i wanted to do fueling, ending up taking traffic management for the air national guard, still debating about going active duty. i went through a year and 5 and a half months of crap to finally get accepted.

I am hoping this week I get sworn in and get my bt date.

Jthomas 10-09-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onlyford4me (Post 3486016)
<----Air Force, but don't hold that against me. My dream "AFSC" was Fuels, and I got Fuels. I wanted the shortest tech school with the biggest, fattest bonus that let me start school as soon as I could. Well, after all was said and done while was on active duty, I finished all of about 6 courses because I was gone so much. I actually loved my job. It'll be time to finally get out (of the Reserves this time) in a few months. I actually loved my job though. I got to go to a couple different schools for my specialties and deploy a few times (which I loved).

Fuels as in refueling? That's what I do t McGuire now been doin refueling for 6 yrs now