Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   SVT Seats - Opinions + Models (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243133)

pyther 10-26-2010 08:00 PM

SVT Seats - Opinions + Models

Hello.

As I posted in a previous post I have an 07 focus with the most uncomfortable seats. I think the lumbar support is what bothers me the most.

Anyways I was talking to someone who had an 04 SVT and I've heard SVT seats are suppose to be comfortable. They supposedly also have lumbar support that is adjust able. So I'm thinking about getting a SVT driver's seat, maybe a passengers seat, from a local junk yard. Are there any years that I should avoid? It looks like the junk yards have some 01, 02, and 03's.

What are your opinions on the SVT seats?

Thanks

Red01Focus 10-26-2010 08:02 PM

i love my svt seats, by the way svt's were made from 02-04

pyther 10-26-2010 08:31 PM

Ah good point, I missed that! I'm reading the SVT have power seat adjustments. How difficult would it be to hookup the power to these seats in my 07? If I can't hook up the power, is there a way to manually adjust the seats?

Buickboy 10-26-2010 09:05 PM

not too sure on the power part but if you do find a clean set of SVT seats you should pick up the passenger and rear as well. if and when you decide to sell the car or the seats a complete set will be worth a bit more than one

Kauai Guy 10-27-2010 05:20 AM

For the SVT seats you will also need the wires and plug coming from underneath it, since they are totally different.

What's funny is that i have some leather 07 seats sitting right next to me, but I think they are better than my SVT seats (they have bigger side and leg bolsters). But also the 01 seats from my ZX3 are better too (they also have bigger leg bolsters and the feel narrower).

egman2005 10-27-2010 06:17 AM

Worst seats ever for normal people are the recaro seats in eap cars

GodLovesUgly 10-27-2010 09:44 AM

yeah, you need all the wires man, otherwise the heated option won't work. i think the air bag would be turned off as well. it's not plug and play, which sucks.
they are comfortable, just REALLY heavy.

red2009se 10-29-2010 01:37 AM

You may be able to fit the SVT seat cushions onto the 07 seat rack. Is that viable?

I'm getting my 09 seats customized with bolstering and lumbar support. I had same on my 2002 ZX5.

ChrisRobin 10-31-2010 01:14 PM

SVT don't have the power adjustments, just heat. I agree with Kauai Guy, my ZX3 seats were stiffer and more narrow compared to my SVT seats. I even considered getting new stiffer foam put in the SVT seats.

CaysE 10-31-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egman2005 (Post 3447971)
Worst seats ever for normal people are the recaro seats in eap cars

That's a joke, right? [poke]

If you want crazy comfortable seats that keep you in place, get the Recaros from the '03-'04 EAP packaged SVTs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisRobin (Post 3451474)
SVT don't have the power adjustments, just heat. I agree with Kauai Guy, my ZX3 seats were stiffer and more narrow compared to my SVT seats. I even considered getting new stiffer foam put in the SVT seats.

All SVT seats have power height adjustment on the driverside, but only SVTs with the winter package have heating pads wired in (all Recaros have heat). Everything else is manual.