Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ford fiesta!!! feedback (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237882)

wordyahurdd 08-12-2010 06:41 AM

ford fiesta!!! feedback

my gf's sisters ex bf (confusing) just got a brand new fiesta and i love it! He got it pretty much fully loaded with moonroof,accent lighting,heated seats,sync, and push button start with black leather. The interior is very spacious, sync is awesome and the dual clutch auto 6 speed is actually amazing. It shifts supppper smooth and fast and revs the car up really smooth. When i finish school next winter i would consider getting this if they ecoboost it by then or if the focus finally comes around to the ecoboost [woot] i would highly recommend this car to anyone

streetfocus 08-12-2010 06:43 AM

awesome!

usapatriot 08-12-2010 08:32 AM

Yeah, so I've heard the PowerShift 6-speed is awesome.

YellowJellyBean 08-12-2010 09:47 AM

Did he get the 3D Carbon body kit and Euro spoiler? That looks pretty sweet. I just priced a fully loaded Fiesta online the other day, $21k, not bad.

wordyahurdd 08-12-2010 10:35 AM

no he wants both though, i think the dealer wanted an extra 2k for all that stuff so he opted not to

lyonsroar 08-12-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean (Post 3374121)
Did he get the 3D Carbon body kit and Euro spoiler? That looks pretty sweet. I just priced a fully loaded Fiesta online the other day, $21k, not bad.

$21,000??!

I'm sorry, but even fully spec'd out that is really expensive for a car in the Fiesta's class. For only ~$4,000 more you can have a MazdaSpeed3! For $21,000 you can have the absolute best Scion tC that you can build.

I think there are better cars to be had for $21,000.

TheMac 08-12-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyonsroar (Post 3374232)
$21,000??!

I'm sorry, but even fully spec'd out that is really expensive for a car in the Fiesta's class. For only ~$4,000 more you can have a MazdaSpeed3! For $21,000 you can have the absolute best Scion tC that you can build.

I think there are better cars to be had for $21,000.

I tend to agree with you on this. I do want a Fiesta, it looks great, but for 21k, you can get a Honda Fit with Navigation, and not have to deal with the resale value plummeting of the Fiesta.. I'm not a pro-honda sort of a guy (just the nearest thing in the same class of cars), but 21k is tough to stomach when you look at how hard hit Fords are with depreciation. Personally i would have trouble walking past a low miles MS3 or GTi to get into a Fiesta. Now wait a year or two when Fiesta's start showing up in the "certified used" lots and i'll be a buyer!

JustHereFTM 08-12-2010 06:07 PM

one thing reviews dont mention about the 2nd generation Fit... its build quality blows

21k for a fiesta i would pay if it had xenons with auto on/off control, rain sensing wipers, LED tail lamps, rear sonar, optitron gauges, panoramic sunroof, auto climate control, or any combination of these features for that price. ford showed up with a premium subcompact, is charging somewhat of a premium price, but left some premium features across the pond which to me is bass ackwards. $18k and under is a bit easier for me to swallow tho :)

TheMac 08-12-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustHereFTM (Post 3374629)
one thing reviews dont mention about the 2nd generation Fit... its build quality blows

21k for a fiesta i would pay if it had xenons with auto on/off control, rain sensing wipers, LED tail lamps, rear sonar, optitron gauges, panoramic sunroof, auto climate control, or any combination of these features for that price. ford showed up with a premium subcompact, is charging somewhat of a premium price, but left some premium features across the pond which to me is bass ackwards. $18k and under is a bit easier for me to swallow tho :)

I agree with you there, 18k would be prime. It's a premium subcompact, but money is money. I think I priced one, pretty much loaded but without the automatic and the leather, and it was closer to where it should be.. I'm just saying the biggest competiton for the fiesta is going to be the variety of nice used cars around that price point, as I imagine the majority of people shopping that car are buying on price (myself included). Major props to ford though for finally giving us a European ford. Actually now that I think about the biggest competition for me is the next-gen focus coming!l

JustHereFTM 08-12-2010 06:38 PM

yeah, if you skip some of the fancy things that you wont miss then it actually is priced pretty decent for what you get. its when you get into those low 20's that some expected features/options start coming up MIA for that price