Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Massive Speed (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Awful product quality and even worse customer service from Massive!!! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234580)

focuztyle 06-23-2010 11:17 AM

Awful product quality and even worse customer service from Massive!!!

So, I bought the valve cover kit for $129.99 because they won't sell you just the bolts individually, i installed it yesterday and when I was tighting up the bolts on the valve cover and I as i read on the manual and the forum-because it doesn't come with any instructions-I tighten and then one more turn and a half, this will equal out to +/-60in/tq; as I'm doing it one of the grommets (BRAND NEW KIT) cracks on the side.
So i do what anyone else would do, I call Massive to tell them about the faulty grommet in hopes to be able to send this one in to them, if they really want to see it, and have them send me another one, since the kit new from them. Karl tells me "I damaged it by over tighting it", only because I miss worded 60 "in"/tq and said 60 "ft"/lb. He says " im not going to break a $30 kit to make you happy, I don't have them individually", when he told me at first that he doesn't sell the parts off the kit, just the kit together.I then asked him if he can contact his provider, as I'm sure he has them individually, he says "NO, I'M NOT going to do that". He also says, "i couldn't have done 60"ft"/tq because I would've damaged the head and vavlve cover"....which are fine, of course!
So he obviously knows i couldn't have done 60 FT/lb, but he took that route only so he can blame me for his poor quality.
I'm really sorry that i ordered from them and wished that for $129.99 we would be able to receive better quality product that won't break upon install. First and last time I will ever contact those people, bad customer service and will not move enought even to make a phone call for customer service!
It is understood that things sit in shelfs for some time before it makes to our hands and this being a rubber piece it may be older than we may know, and for this and any other reason you would ask your self, "why would you not attempt to help a customer that just bought this from your company in the last week, you obviously already profitted from the sale?"

Thanks for nothing, Massive and specially Karl.

Rich
Rich
Thanks for nothing

K Dog 06-23-2010 11:54 AM

YOU stated you "torqued them to 60 foot pounds". And said "im not sure if I broke or what".

You admitted you screwed it up. Now take responsibility for your actions.

If I COULD give u just one grommet, I would. But they are NOT available seperately, only as part of a $30 gasket set. Not my call, Fel-Pro's. We've been selling these kits since 2004 (our first real "massive branded" product) and in ALL HONESTLY - have never had a gasket fail out of the box. So I honestly dont believe it has ANYTHING to do with the product.

Then you started with the insults, and that's just not going to get you anywhere.

So I will bid you farewell!!!

bdnld4482 06-23-2010 12:12 PM

wow, all i can say is that Karl has always done a great job with the way he's treated his customers . i know there is a few parts out there that have there problems, but Karl has always found the problems and always fixed them. i will stand by massive, and if you did indeed break this part and you thought that comming on here and bashing Karl or massive, thinking it was going to get you somwheere or help them lose customers. you were wrong. there is endless threads where people are happy with massive.

K Dog 06-23-2010 12:24 PM

Thanx!

TerryB 06-23-2010 02:39 PM

I've had the same kit for over two years. I've taken the bolts off quite a few times with no issues at all. As for customer service, there was a little glitch in the delivery and the problem was rectified immediately. I even received a little bonus for the mix-up.

MattZX3 06-23-2010 06:50 PM

Wow really?

Get a torque wrench if you dont know how to hand tighten bolts down

focusZX505 06-23-2010 06:57 PM

Posted via FF Mobile as a certified tech my self you over tightened the bolt. If you don know how to do something buy a torque wrench and do it right

focuztyle 06-23-2010 07:31 PM

uummm...please read before replying impartially, I hand tighten the bolt and then one more turn; and no I am not the only that has a problem with the kit or them.

Rich

1sloho 06-23-2010 07:31 PM

ive also had my valve cover off quite a few times and never had an issue. if u over tightened it dude, thats ur fault.

focuztyle 06-23-2010 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=K Dog;3322667]YOU stated you "torqued them to 60 foot pounds". And said "im not sure if I broke or what".QUOTE]

WOOOOWW I said I broke it? Noooo IT broke. how is it that ALL the other ones did not break if I had over tighten them? I don't think so. AND nooo, I am not the only who has had a problem with you or your products

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234581